Bunch ride

Old June 15th 04, 08:15 AM
tonykara

Default Bunch ride

flyingdutch wrote:
I can head over your way this Sunday
Which route do you take? not that familiar with out that way. could be
an adventure
Anyone else up for this? Howabout starting up a Melb chapter
forum ride??

How about 7:15AM Sunday 20 June, Corner Maningham & Thompsons Roa
Bulleen? We will head up Mannigham Rd-Doncaster Road-Old Warrandyte Rd
cross the river-head to Main Road (Kangaroo Ground)-Panton Hill-Main R
to Heidelberg-Ivanhoe-Belmore Rd-Elgar Rd-Manningham R

-

Old June 15th 04, 08:57 AM
DaveB

flyingdutch wrote:
tonykara wrote:
Depends on how big a Friday night ive had...........Normally leave
Lower Templestowe around 8AM but day break would be better....say 7:15

Yah. Im earlier-the-better, but Im a Sunday mornin rider as its kids'
Tennis on Saturday morning (and one of em better turn out to be the next
steffiGraf or Im throwing away riding time for nought!)

Yep Sunday is good for me too, ballet on Saturday (my daughter's not me).

DaveB

Old June 15th 04, 08:59 AM
DaveB

tonykara wrote:
flyingdutch wrote:
I can head over your way this Sunday
Which route do you take? not that familiar with out that way. could be
an adventure
Anyone else up for this? Howabout starting up a Melb chapter
forum ride??

How about 7:15AM Sunday 20 June, Corner Maningham & Thompsons Road
Bulleen? We will head up Mannigham Rd-Doncaster Road-Old Warrandyte Rd-
cross the river-head to Main Road (Kangaroo Ground)-Panton Hill-Main Rd
to Heidelberg-Ivanhoe-Belmore Rd-Elgar Rd-Manningham Rd

I'll be there, I've gotta luv that starting point, I'll be able to leave
home at 7:13am. Meet on that bit of nature reserve on the north-west of
the intersection.

DaveB

Old June 15th 04, 11:45 PM
tonykara

Daveb wrote:
tonykara wrote:
flyingdutch wrote:
I can head over your way this Sunday Which route do you take? not
that familiar with out that way. could be an adventure Anyone else
up for this? Howabout starting up a Melb chapter forum ride??

How about 7:15AM Sunday 20 June, Corner Maningham & Thompsons Road
Bulleen? We will head up Mannigham Rd- Doncaster Road-Old Warrandyte
Rd- cross the river-head to Main Road (Kangaroo Ground)-Panton Hill-
Main Rd to Heidelberg-Ivanhoe- Belmore Rd-Elgar Rd-Manningham Rd

I'll be there, I've gotta luv that starting point, I'll be able to leave
home at 7:13am. Meet on that bit of nature reserve on the north-west of
the intersection.
DaveB

Great see you guys there. I will be the guy on the bike ....sorry
meant the yellow giant

cheer

-

Old June 15th 04, 11:45 PM
flyingdutch

tonykara wrote:
How about 7:15AM Sunday 20 June, Corner Maningham & Thompsons Road
Bulleen? We will head up Mannigham Rd-Doncaster Road-Old Warrandyte Rd-
cross the river-head to Main Road (Kangaroo Ground)-Panton Hill-Main Rd
to Heidelberg-Ivanhoe-Belmore Rd-Elgar Rd-Manningham Rd

After all my big words 'her-indoors' informs me we're off to RedHill on
Saturday, so looks like Im riding there on Saturday morning after all!
Anyone up for it?

Old June 16th 04, 12:15 AM
tonykara

flyingdutch wrote:
After all my big words 'her-indoors' informs me we're off to RedHill on
Saturday, so looks like Im riding there on Saturday morning after all!
Anyone up for it?

Thats one hell of a hill! will give a miss this time. maybe another
time. i will opt for St. Andrews this Sunday

Old June 16th 04, 12:45 AM
flyingdutch

tonykara wrote:
Thats one hell of a hill! will give a miss this time. maybe another
time. i will opt for St. Andrews this Sunday

It aint that bad if you avoid Whites Road and go the 'back way'

(go along whatever that main road with bike lane is whilst heading west,
turn left onto RedHill turnoff, White Rd, and take immediate left again
rather than the long hard and dangerous, Wh Rd)

just gotta remember to eat before hand. was 'bonking real bad when i did
it last time about 6 weeks ago!

Old June 16th 04, 07:45 AM
jazmo

That sounds like a good ride. How far is it

I live in Lower Templestowe so that suits me fine

Unfortunately I'm out of action for the next seeks weeks or so due to
riding accident so I'll hopefully join you guys for a ride if it become
a regular thing

-

Old June 16th 04, 08:00 AM
flyingdutch

jazmo wrote:
Unfortunately I'm out of action for the next seeks weeks or so due to a
riding accident so I'll hopefully join you guys for a ride if it becomes
a regular thing.

Ooh. do tell. you OK

-

Old June 16th 04, 08:15 AM
tonykara

jazmo wrote:
That sounds like a good ride. How far is it?
I live in Lower Templestowe so that suits me fine.
Unfortunately I'm out of action for the next seeks weeks or so due to a
riding accident so I'll hopefully join you guys for a ride if it becomes
a regular thing.

i have never measured the wole ride but i think its about 70-80Kms bu
dont hold me to it.hopefully see you when you are back on the roa

-