1st normal UPD on guni (not too bad)

Old October 14th 05, 02:15 PM
David_Stone

Default 1st normal UPD on guni (not too bad)

While riding uphill on wet concrete yesterday, I rode over a stick that
happened to be facing my direction.

I was riding uphill and the ground was still wet from the storm that
deposited the stick in the first place. Uphill means less reaction time
(but less speed -- maybe that's a trade-off?). Well, I fell awkwardly,
lurching forward and to my right. Happily, I always wear wrist guards
while riding my guni, so I came away unscathed. In fact, I was rather
glad it had happened, because now I have that UPD under my belt and can
learn from it.

So what did I learn:

1. Just my luck: I'd filled up the tire only that morning, going from a
squishy 20psi to a robust 50psi. Perhaps rainy conditions merit a
flatter tire.

2. Always wear wrist guards. Glad I did.

3. Knee pads would be a good idea. I have them but don't wear them.
Maybe I need to get thinner ones.

PS: My other UPD where I actually 'fell' was when the gear mechanism
failed and I coasted forward and landed on my back.
PPS: 600 miles with only one 'normal' UPD -- I don't mind those odds.

--
David_Stone

Dictator for Life,
NYUC
David_Stone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3834

Old October 15th 05, 02:15 AM
chosen

David_Stone wrote:
In fact, I was rather glad it had happened, because now I have that UPD
under my belt and can learn from it.

righteous attitude.

--
chosen

And I'll take your hand and pick you up
And keep you there to so you can see
chosen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9281

1st Century on a guni (long) David_Stone Unicycling 0 September 12th 05 07:27 AM
GUNI is here!!! David_Stone Unicycling 78 September 7th 05 10:24 PM
is this normal? LegoBoy Unicycling 22 March 28th 05 05:44 AM
Hopping with normal unicycle michael7 Unicycling 17 August 17th 04 04:06 PM
Busted another spoke, is it normal? Memphis Mud Unicycling 2 November 24th 03 11:57 PM