I don't recall

Old June 6th 10, 03:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

Default I don't recall

Focksticks,

Where I live we had an elected board that wanted to hand out
some candy to a public employee that had done them some
favors. I should say part of the board, not all of the board
members were in on it. The method they chose to do this was
some pretty clear cut contract fraud.

Word got out, some FoI requests ensued. The gig was up. This
was a case where there were legal requirements regarding
documentation of affairs, meeting minutes, and so on.

So **** hit the fan, right? Well, no. Some of the board
members said they never approved the candy but two said the
board had approved it. Others said they couldn't recall. There
was no mention of the candy contract in any minutes. Well, it
happened in a meeting where they didn't take minutes, in spite
of the legal requirement to do so. Sorry.

The ones that claim they can't recall are lying through their
teeth and everyone knows it. But even so, there is no place
to go. No place. The public official got to keep his seat warm
until the end of his contract. He won't be renewed, but he
couldn't be fired.

This is what happens when you are investigating poorly
documented past events. Everyone knows that you can't lie to
the feds. But they also know that "I don't remember" is the
magic phrase. Only total focksticks don't get this.

Fred Flintstein

Recall sb UK 26 February 18th 10 09:35 AM
Who can recall.. DirtRoadie Racing 4 June 25th 09 03:13 AM
KEO Recall Tim Arnold Techniques 0 August 8th 08 01:29 PM
Cannondale Recall Kristian M Zoerhoff General 1 June 6th 07 08:06 PM
Manitou Recall supabonbon Mountain Biking 6 November 21st 04 03:31 AM