Cannondale road warrior 500

Old October 7th 03, 03:19 PM
comcast news

Default Cannondale road warrior 500

Looking for a replacement for my 15 yr old mtn bike (heavy). I have a
Cannondale road bike and love it. Plan to ride smooth trails, tow paths
etc. Want a bike that will also allow medium distance road ride.

Seems that the cannondale being closer to road bike than a hybrid is a match
made in heaven.

Comments?

Old October 8th 03, 05:03 AM
Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD

My wife just got a warrior 500 about a month ago and really likes it. She
had it about 2 weeks and rode a 100 miles on it one Sunday--part on a "rails
to trail" smoth dirt path. It worked well for her. Good components and
frame for the money. She gave the dealer the suspension post for a luggage
rack and something else--I forget. The bike is only good on groomed
hardpack however--it is not an off road bike, nor would I do extreme
distances on it unless bars are changed and alternative arm rests are added.
It does not have aggresive road gears, but what comes on it is very good for
all-round use here in SW Michigan.
--
Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD

Old October 19th 03, 04:31 AM
Don Pickett

Can't comment on the specific model, but I will put in a plug for
Cannondale:

Had a 1993 F1000 which I rode very hard for ten years. When I noticed a
two cracks in the rear wishbone stay, I took it to my local Cannondale
dealer and Cannondale replaced it with it with a 2003 frame for free.
Can't find better customer service than that.

Great frames, too.

Old October 19th 03, 07:35 PM
Simon Brooke

"comcast news" writes:

Looking for a replacement for my 15 yr old mtn bike (heavy). I have a
Cannondale road bike and love it. Plan to ride smooth trails, tow paths
etc. Want a bike that will also allow medium distance road ride.

I have - not exactly replaced, but supplemented - my 15 year old
mountain bike with a new Cannondale. Lovely bike. Get a 2003 model,
they still have the lifetime guarantee. The 2004 models are only
guaranteed for three years

;; Diplomacy, American: see Intelligence, Military

Big Sur mcmiller General 2 May 15th 04 12:04 AM
Identifying an older Cannondale road bike Rod General 3 September 16th 03 03:17 AM
Cycle Event Director criminally liable for Competitor's death Snoopy Racing 78 September 10th 03 02:55 AM
90`s cannondale road bike F/S David & Holly Moodie Racing 4 August 30th 03 10:05 PM
Cannondale road bike F/S Canmore Chrysler General 1 August 28th 03 08:22 PM