The general public just does not like cyclists

Old April 23rd 11, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default The general public just does not like cyclists

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/899...afford_bypass/

Old April 23rd 11, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Apr 23, 5:01*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/899..._to_be_alive__...

"A FOOTBALLER was sacked by his club yesterday for posting a vile
Twitter message about the Celtic bombs.

Kieran Bowell - captain of Berwick Rangers' under-17 team - wrote:
"Wish that parcel bomb f*****g killed Neil Lennon the little c***!""

This fascist twit was 16. How ****ing juvenile are you?
Old April 23rd 11, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_7_]

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/899...afford_bypass/

What the pedestrian did was totally unacceptable. Do you agree?

Old April 23rd 11, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Mr. Benn wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/899...afford_bypass/

What the pedestrian did was totally unacceptable. Do you agree?

Terrible (if it happened as reported). Perhaps the ped. had already
suffered at the bicycle clips of the rest of the gang that the cyclist was
with.

Old April 23rd 11, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

How ****ing juvenile are you?
Old April 23rd 11, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 23/04/2011 17:01, Mrcheerful wrote:

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/899...afford_bypass/

I don't know that I don't admire the pedestrian.

Comment below the article:

QUOTE
martaaay2, Weymouth says...
7:41pm Sat 23 Apr 11
A case of being in the wrong place at wrong time unfortunately for this
gentleman, however it highlights some people attitudes to cyclists sharing
the same path as them, I too have had people try to play chicken with me
whilst riding towards them on a bike with the sole aim of trying to provoke
an aggressive reaction back towards them, although nowhere near as serious as
besides a busy main road, what a moron!
You have my sympathy sir, I'm sure the cycle-bashers will be along soon...
ENDQUOTE

He says:

"I too have had people try to play chicken with me whilst riding towards them
on a bike"..

....which must mean (in normal English) something like:

"Some pedestrians - MERE pedESTrians mind! - have refused to scatter as I
approached them on the same path on my bike. I meantersay, who do they think
they are, to not immediately defer to my approaching form? I'm a CYCLIST!".

He also says:

"...people try to play chicken with me whilst riding towards them on a bike
with the sole aim of trying to provoke an aggressive reaction back"...

....which proves that cyclists are not only Considerably Richer Than Yow and
are not only members of exclusive and expensive Pall Mall clubs, but are also
gifted with the power of mindreading.
Old April 23rd 11, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 23/04/2011 18:18, Mrcheerful wrote:

Mr. Benn wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote:

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/899...afford_bypass/

What the pedestrian did was totally unacceptable. Do you agree?

Terrible (if it happened as reported). Perhaps the ped. had already
suffered at the bicycle clips of the rest of the gang that the cyclist was
with.

That seems inevitable as the explanation (if it is ever proffered).
Old April 24th 11, 12:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Apr 23, 5:01*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/899..._to_be_alive__...

Cheerless extrapolating one agressive nutter to "the general public"

You really are quite bananas, Cheerless.
Old April 24th 11, 12:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 24/04/2011 00:26, PhilO wrote:

On Apr 23, 5:01 pm, wrote:
http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/899..._to_be_alive__...

Cheerless extrapolating one agressive nutter to "the general public"

You really are quite bananas, Cheerless.

Is he as "bananas" as a poster who advocated perjured (and entirely false)
malicious allegations against an innocent man (designed to wreck that man's
family's livelihood) in order to get his own back for some imaginary slight?
Old April 24th 11, 01:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Apr 24, 12:32*am, JNugent wrote:

You really are quite bananas, Cheerless.

Is he as "bananas" as a poster who advocated perjured (and entirely false)
malicious allegations against an innocent man (designed to wreck that man's
family's livelihood) in order to get his own back for some imaginary slight?

You've totally lost me there. What are you on about? Is that why the
guy pushed that cyclist off his bike? There was nothing about that in
the report.