California's Fires

Old October 17th 17, 03:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default California's Fires

Unfortunately in the Santa Rosa fire Levi Leipheimer's house was burned to the ground. I can only hope that he is solvent enough to repair since I suspect that the insurance companies are going to play the "mass destruction" card and not pay on their policies.
Old October 17th 17, 05:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 7:52:39 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Unfortunately in the Santa Rosa fire Levi Leipheimer's house was burned to the ground. I can only hope that he is solvent enough to repair since I suspect that the insurance companies are going to play the "mass destruction" card and not pay on their policies.

/////////////////////////

cycling and the huge amount of airborne particulates n potash are absolutely lung incompatible.

hang it up until substantial rains wash the powder into ground.
Old October 17th 17, 06:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 7:52:39 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Unfortunately in the Santa Rosa fire Levi Leipheimer's house was burned to the ground. I can only hope that he is solvent enough to repair since I suspect that the insurance companies are going to play the "mass destruction" card and not pay on their policies.

Why would you say that? Assuming any insurer went insolvent, there is the California Insurance Guaranty Association. http://www.caiga.org/ But I doubt that any admitted California insurer is going to go insolvent because of the fires. Most insurers retain only part of the risk anyway, placing the rest with reinsurers. Adjusting claims will be slowed by the number, but anyone insured by a legitimate, admitted insurer probably has nothing to fear.

My sister lives in Santa Rosa and my brother owns property there. I was getting real-time reporting over the weekend. It seems to be improving, although living in the smoke is hard on the lungs.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old October 17th 17, 09:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Potash burns lung tissue killing goblet cells...children should wear masks

Eliminates reduces lung ability to eject dirt into th esophagus...poss lifetime
Old October 17th 17, 10:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/17/2017 3:47 PM, wrote:
Potash burns lung tissue killing goblet cells...children should wear masks

Eliminates reduces lung ability to eject dirt into th esophagus...poss lifetime

Yes, I agree. Children will wear masks:
http://tinyurl.com/yckv897o

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 18th 17, 09:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Where parents hand out sunglasses at the beach...
Old October 18th 17, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Old October 17th 17, 08:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 7:52:39 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Unfortunately in the Santa Rosa fire Levi Leipheimer's house was burned to the ground. I can only hope that he is solvent enough to repair since I suspect that the insurance companies are going to play the "mass destruction" card and not pay on their policies.

He can be the target of next year's Gran Fondo
Old October 22nd 17, 04:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Interesting problem ..stories are no housing anywhere. Double wides ... with chimneys n an attached garage.

Is this human interest or actual another Cal. social problem ?

Bicycle Fires Frank Krygowski[_3_] Techniques 5 September 13th 12 03:41 AM
California fires raisethe UK 4 October 28th 07 05:34 PM
California fires [email protected] Australia 0 October 25th 07 09:38 PM
Fires around Bright Walrus Australia 17 December 14th 06 09:14 AM
After the fires - a RR Michael Paul Mountain Biking 9 November 11th 03 05:35 PM