Opinions about protective gear wanted

Old December 1st 05, 06:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Opinions about protective gear wanted

I'm looking for protective gear and reviews. Mainly knee/shin
and elbow/forearm.

Specifically, I'm wondering about these two.
Fox Racing Raptor knee/shin guards
SIXSIXONE Ricochet knee/shin guards
The Raptor is more expensive, is it much better?
During a fall, does the top of the kneecap joint tend to catch on
things? Seems to me that might be more of a problem with the
Ricochet.

Other knee/shin and elbow/forearm guard suggestions and review sites
would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Old December 1st 05, 09:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

John Doe wrote:
I'm looking for protective gear and reviews. Mainly knee/shin
and elbow/forearm.

Specifically, I'm wondering about these two.
Fox Racing Raptor knee/shin guards
SIXSIXONE Ricochet knee/shin guards
The Raptor is more expensive, is it much better?
During a fall, does the top of the kneecap joint tend to catch on
things? Seems to me that might be more of a problem with the
Ricochet.

Other knee/shin and elbow/forearm guard suggestions and review sites
would be appreciated.

Thank you.

What type of riding will you be doing? DH? Jumping off four story
buildings?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old December 1st 05, 11:03 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

John Doh wrote:
I'm looking for protective gear and reviews. Mainly knee/shin
and elbow/forearm.

Specifically, I'm wondering about these two.
Fox Racing Raptor knee/shin guards
SIXSIXONE Ricochet knee/shin guards
The Raptor is more expensive, is it much better?
During a fall, does the top of the kneecap joint tend to catch on
things? Seems to me that might be more of a problem with the
Ricochet.

I dunno because I don't encase myself in plastic to go ride my bicycle.
The best protective gear is riding skill.

JD

Old December 2nd 05, 09:03 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Troll

Old December 2nd 05, 05:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

JD wrote:

I dunno because I don't encase myself in plastic to go ride my bicycle.
The best protective gear is riding skill.

That and a wris****ch ;-).

CC

Old December 2nd 05, 05:36 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

JD wrote: John Doh wrote: I'm looking for protective gear and
reviews. Mainly knee/shin and elbow/forearm. Specifically, I'm
wondering about these two. Fox Racing Raptor knee/shin guards
SIXSIXONE Ricochet knee/shin guards The Raptor is more expensive, is
it much better? During a fall, does the top of the kneecap joint
tend to catch on things? Seems to me that might be more of a problem
with the Ricochet. I dunno because I don't encase myself in
plastic to go ride my bicycle. The best protective gear is riding
skill. JDThat riding skill got your front tooth knocked out. Buy
some protective gear.Jeanie

Old December 2nd 05, 05:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Jeanie wrote:
JD wrote: John Doh wrote: I'm looking for protective gear and
reviews. Mainly knee/shin and elbow/forearm. Specifically,
I'm wondering about these two. Fox Racing Raptor knee/shin guards
SIXSIXONE Ricochet knee/shin guards The Raptor is more

expensive, is it much better? During a fall, does the top of the
kneecap joint tend to catch on things? Seems to me that might be
more of a problem with the Ricochet. I dunno because I don't
encase myself in plastic to go ride my bicycle. The best protective
gear is riding skill. JDThat riding skill got your front tooth
knocked out. Buy some protective gear.Jeanie

Nice formatting.

BS

Old December 2nd 05, 05:55 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

you will fall everyone falls and if you dont you are not going fast
enough

get the sixsixones i have them and they work great for DH

Old December 2nd 05, 06:00 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

wrote:
you will fall everyone falls and if you dont you are not going fast
enough

get the sixsixones i have them and they work great for DH

Crazy's cousin?

:-P

Old December 2nd 05, 07:20 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Corvus Corvax wrote:
JD wrote:

I dunno because I don't encase myself in plastic to go ride my bicycle.
The best protective gear is riding skill.

That and a wris****ch ;-).

CC

Even a sundial....

/s

Chain 'slipping' - cause? Peewiglet UK 14 November 27th 05 09:59 PM
wanted: 26" (559) Fixed Gear rear wheel Michael Drzewiecki Marketplace 0 March 23rd 05 12:35 AM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
Dumb Newbie Qs on Gears and Speed Elisa Francesca Roselli General 14 July 27th 03 08:23 PM