"Bedford" Summit

Old January 12th 04, 09:02 PM
phil

Default "Bedford" Summit

Jester2000 wrote:
*I'm attaching a picture of my ankles after doing trials with my
Summit last November.. Ugh.. *

I take the cheap way out, and wear black socks...

Phil

--
phil - ex-studenty type

"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915

Old January 12th 04, 09:13 PM
Tmornstar

Man-o-man, I AM excited about the nuttering of the cranks. It is a
package deal. I'm totally stoked all the way around stylin' and
non-Profiling!

Dude, I thought that my ankles caught hell. I experienced nothing like
what you seem to have encountered.

Tommy

--
Tmornstar - Student of Christopher

Tommy Thompson
Memphis Unicycle Club
Please vist our web site:
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

Old January 18th 04, 03:49 PM
Mark Newbold

Tommy,

Sorry I'm late getting in on this thread.

Some questions about this crank surgery...

Correct me if I'm wrong:
I guess the end bolt is gone -- the one that takes a big Allen tool to
remove it. So it's just the pinch clamp that's holding the crank onto the
axle now.

Under that bolt, there are some little fingers of metal that limit how far
the crank can go onto the axle. I assume you left those little fingers when
you milled it down (right?).

Is there any reason I couldn't perform the same surgery with a grinding
wheel? Not as elegant, but I don't have a milling machine, and I do have a
grinding wheel.

Thanks,
--Mark

--
Mark Newbold
Shelburne, Vermont USA

Old January 18th 04, 04:27 PM
Tmornstar

Hi Mark,
I still use the end, 8mm allen head, bolt to hold on the crank. The
machinist that did the work for me also made a 1/4" spacer-sleeve that
fits behind the crank, pulling the crank out. So, the crank fits out
closer on the end of the crank. This could be a concern if you are
heavy or if you are extra hard on your gear. I weigh only 150 lbs. and
I've learned to drop with more flexibility AND I won't try any drops
over about 3'. I have a great deal of faith in the way this is set-up
that I'm now playing with.

Have fun!
Tommy

Old January 19th 04, 12:09 AM
Mark Newbold

Thanks Tommy!

--
Mark Newbold
Shelburne, Vermont USA

Bedford Downhill Mountain Unicycle Brakes Darren Unicycling 27 January 20th 04 04:21 AM
Bedford Flames Erin Unicycling 2 November 26th 03 03:00 PM
Bedford Factory Team rocks Bradford Festival Darren Unicycling 2 August 25th 03 07:08 PM