Nashbar water bottle -- yuck

Old October 4th 04, 06:57 PM
Zoot Katz

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 00:14:08 -0700,
,
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

When they first came out we were ripping them completely off with
our teeth before we clued in.

Why does that not suprise me.

"Hello, how do I operate your water bottle?"

Oh, haha, Fabrizio's little joke is very amusing. But a kind poster to
this newsgroup (Hi Claire!) gave me a nice Rabobank-colours Tacx water
bottle as a gift, the first bottle I had encountered with a locking top.

It took me some time to figure out how to open it. I nearly did wreck
the top before I opened it up and took a look at the mechanism from
below.

Always a step behind Fabrizio,

That's how I ended up with the Zefal bottle.

I couldn't open the new plastc bottles I'd bought.
So I took 'em back to the LBS.
After the blonde at the bike shop finally managed to get them opened,
she suggested that I just leave 'em that way.

After reading your message I tried 'em again. You're right! They do
work like that. Thanks! I thought Fabrizio was pulling my leg.

I guess he's not so dumb after all, eh.
--
zk
Old October 5th 04, 12:11 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article . net,
"Claire Petersky" wrote:

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message

Oh, haha, Fabrizio's little joke is very amusing. But a kind poster to
this newsgroup (Hi Claire!) gave me a nice Rabobank-colours Tacx water
bottle as a gift, the first bottle I had encountered with a locking top.

It took me some time to figure out how to open it. I nearly did wreck
the top before I opened it up and took a look at the mechanism from
below.

Since I did nearly wreck your bike, it seems like a fair trade, don't you
think?

Hey, I still really like that water bottle. Bike still works too!

Don't lend what you can't mend,
--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.wiredcola.com
Verus de parvis; verus de magnis.
Old October 5th 04, 03:59 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message ...

Always a step behind Fabrizio,

That's due to you guys growing up in a desolate wasteland
as far as pro road cycling goes. Now young guys like me
are very fortunate to have old farts like Moser, Saronni, and
Baronchelli around to use as mentors.

Water Bottle Solutions? [email protected] Techniques 22 June 21st 04 06:36 PM
water bottle mounting MarkR General 8 May 20th 04 08:55 PM
Profile Water Bottle Cages - CHEAP!! haddawad Marketplace 0 March 2nd 04 04:53 PM
Water bottle you don't have to tip up Dan Musicant General 9 July 23rd 03 06:51 PM