New bike for Jay

Old August 3rd 17, 08:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default New bike for Jay

J, on the subject of forward propulsion, beer has no place..

I been sick for a time leaving me in a weakened state. Need rehab.

yesterday, installed metallic brake pads on left front van wheel. The rights are in.

doing the right I cudnah lift the tire, using a thick metal strap to lever in on the hub.

Yesterday. lift n on.

I used a beverage from Starbucks coffee. My lower colon is allergic to coffee in general but not Starbucks. This is good. enjoy iced coffee.

I bought a Doubleshot can ....3.

and thru the 3 hours it takes for me to turn a 'race shop' installation, I would sip DS and Aquafina.

power on. very good.

also bought a few citrons for the OJ spritzer

the temp is hot here n we're kicking back

the van rolls with 700 pounds tires stick down but rollum slow for low tire wear.

I should leave for the New World on Monday in transit to a tour of Indy, then Ely for a new canoe n across the eclipse path via S&T, n Garmin Plus

I have a rare book, from the Perry's of Natural Ares of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming.

Lotta very obscure local BLM n refugeria.

No longer ! searching from book to internet for a riparian area where I can hear the twilight change in sound n gravity, we are met with warnings of overcrowding n not enough room from BLM n Wy Ranger.

EG 'Rock Hole' main plant poison oak, scorpions has 5 camping spots for 2 weeks first come first infected

I was looking for a place with Unita Ground squirrels who are said to vary vocalizations to activity. Yellowstone tells me their altitude squirrels are going into hibernation but maybe not around Casper

I was thinking a video of 150 ground squirrels coming out to watch the eclipse would be A Gas

Old September 12th 17, 06:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 8:55:05 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
Can we start speccing out equipment for Jay the way we do for Jorge?

I'll start with this thing. Jay tell us again what frame size you ride?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik...230636448.html

Habanero, Dude.
Old September 12th 17, 08:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 10:51:58 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 8:55:05 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
Can we start speccing out equipment for Jay the way we do for Jorge?

I'll start with this thing. Jay tell us again what frame size you ride?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik...230636448.html

Habanero, Dude.

The "classic" frame is super-dangerous. It' doesn't have discs, and it has a CF fork. Disc mounts can be added, but "All of the above options take 12-16 weeks to build." And it would still have CF forks!

This appears to be my only option for a fast, safe bike: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/14...g?v=1478720465 According to Grant, it comes with disc brakes:
https://www.rivbike.com/pages/disc-brakes

I'm ordering today and waiting the 6-9 months because my safety is important.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old September 12th 17, 08:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 3:27:34 PM UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:

This appears to be my only option for a fast, safe bike: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/14...g?v=1478720465 According to Grant, it comes with disc brakes:
https://www.rivbike.com/pages/disc-brakes

I'm ordering today and waiting the 6-9 months because my safety is important.

Good! It's about time you became cool.

- Frank Krygowski

Old September 12th 17, 09:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

https://www.cxmagazine.com/gravel-gr...tback-360-2014
Old September 12th 17, 09:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 1:23:19 PM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 12:46:20 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 3:27:34 PM UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:

This appears to be my only option for a fast, safe bike: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/14...g?v=1478720465 According to Grant, it comes with disc brakes:
https://www.rivbike.com/pages/disc-brakes

I'm ordering today and waiting the 6-9 months because my safety is important.

Good! It's about time you became cool.

- Frank Krygowski

https://www.cxmagazine.com/gravel-gr...tback-360-2014

Note: I am NOT saying Jan is cool. But I gotta hand it to him it's a great photo.

Old September 12th 17, 09:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 9/12/2017 12:27 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 10:51:58 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 8:55:05 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
Can we start speccing out equipment for Jay the way we do for Jorge?

I'll start with this thing. Jay tell us again what frame size you ride?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik...230636448.html

Habanero, Dude.

The "classic" frame is super-dangerous. It' doesn't have discs, and it has a CF fork. Disc mounts can be added, but "All of the above options take 12-16 weeks to build." And it would still have CF forks!

He has options for other forks.

This appears to be my only option for a fast, safe bike: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/14...g?v=1478720465 According to Grant, it comes with disc brakes:
https://www.rivbike.com/pages/disc-brakes

I'm ordering today and waiting the 6-9 months because my safety is important.

LOL, "Rim-Disc" brakes. There is some logic in that epitaph, but he
never mentions the issue of rim overheating. For riders that don't ride
in mountainous terrain this is obviously not an issue. And for a light
road bike that will never be used for loaded touring rim brakes are
probably just fine. Too bad the Arai drum brake was discontinued, that
would be perfect for your new ride.
Old September 12th 17, 10:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 12:27:34 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 10:51:58 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 8:55:05 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
Can we start speccing out equipment for Jay the way we do for Jorge?

I'll start with this thing. Jay tell us again what frame size you ride?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik...230636448.html

Habanero, Dude.

The "classic" frame is super-dangerous. It' doesn't have discs, and it has a CF fork. Disc mounts can be added, but "All of the above options take 12-16 weeks to build." And it would still have CF forks!

This appears to be my only option for a fast, safe bike: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/14...g?v=1478720465 According to Grant, it comes with disc brakes:
https://www.rivbike.com/pages/disc-brakes

I'm ordering today and waiting the 6-9 months because my safety is important.

Jay, I don't know that I'd be too worried about CF forks. A set of CF CX forks would at worst have to be replaced every five years or so.
Old September 12th 17, 11:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 1:25:18 PM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 1:23:19 PM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 12:46:20 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 3:27:34 PM UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:

This appears to be my only option for a fast, safe bike: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/14...g?v=1478720465 According to Grant, it comes with disc brakes:
https://www.rivbike.com/pages/disc-brakes

I'm ordering today and waiting the 6-9 months because my safety is important.

Good! It's about time you became cool.

- Frank Krygowski

https://www.cxmagazine.com/gravel-gr...tback-360-2014

Note: I am NOT saying Jan is cool. But I gotta hand it to him it's a great photo.

The photo is odd because the Oregon Outback 360 misses Mt. Hood, and that looks like one of the forest roads around Mt. Hood, like FR 1810 or maybe Bennett or Barlow Pass. https://ridewithgps.com/photos/medium/962865.jpg Who knows. Maybe one of the day-glow forest roads: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/fd/89/64/f...ycle-rides.jpg

Another shot is very likely Alex Barr road, which I did no my SuperSix before it got whacked. https://www.cxmagazine.com/wp-conten...014/05/25..jpg I'm pretty sure that's just around the corner from he https://www.flickr.com/photos/russroca/17008775747

-- Jay Beattie.