george Hincapie's win. Take it easy guys!

Old July 18th 05, 11:59 AM
aotearoa706

Default george Hincapie's win. Take it easy guys!

Jeez!
I was just stating my opinion on what I thought of the situation.
I didn't know you guys were going to come over and burn my house down!!!!!

Calm down!

Of the 60+ comments to my original post I think about 6 had a reply that
dealt with the topic.
The rest were just personal slams about me.

Old July 18th 05, 12:02 PM
B. Lafferty

"aotearoa706" wrote in message
Of the 60+ comments to my original post I think about 6 had a reply that
dealt with the topic.
The rest were just personal slams about me.

Welcome to rbr.

Old July 18th 05, 12:33 PM
David Ferguson

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 03:59:47 -0700, "aotearoa706"
wrote:

Jeez!
I was just stating my opinion on what I thought of the situation.
I didn't know you guys were going to come over and burn my house down!!!!!

Calm down!

Of the 60+ comments to my original post I think about 6 had a reply that
dealt with the topic.
The rest were just personal slams about me.

Two things that should be in the FAQ-

Most of this isn't about cycling.

Boasting anonymously will have you "figured out".
Old July 18th 05, 01:25 PM

aotearoa706 wrote:
Jeez!
I was just stating my opinion on what I thought of the situation.
I didn't know you guys were going to come over and burn my house down!!!!!

Crap. "Just" (or "merely"), a flag.

Your comments about GH were mostly not well received. You are no doubt
typing from the house that no one put a match to. It is "immoral" to
lie. Right?

Calm down!

Thyself.

Of the 60+ comments to my original post I think about 6 had a reply that
dealt with the topic.
The rest were just personal slams about me.

You said some nasty things, and were rebutted in kind. "Remember who
started it".

I watched the late replay last night, admittedly dozing somewhat. The
observation that poster "crewisc" made in your "sucks" thread is
accurate IMHO:

Why is it unsportmansly for a sprinter to sit in but not unsportsmanly

like for a climber to try to flick the sprinter, should spinters
complain when climbers don't wait for them over mountain passes? I
didn't see Pereiro come back to George and say I am going to slowly
accelerate so you can stay on. No, he kicked and George matched. he had

a vested interest in gapping the rest of the group because he didn't
have a sprint.

IOW: Both shot their best shot, George won. The rest is circumstance,
detail.

So, when you raced for money, did you "help" the other teams so the
ending would be "fair"? Or is this more a personal something about
George/Lance/Postal/Discovery?

Second time around, I really enjoyed seeing GH take the fangs out of
his back pocket and destroy Pereiro: waiting to jump until they got
close to the line, and making sure to keep his gap. Repeating others'
words, GH has taken a fair amount of flak for not having the "killer
instinct". Different story this time. Bravo! Well-timed, as Lance (and
GH's "first job" in cycling) is about over. Maybe George has a few more
big days in him after this Tour is done. --TP

Old July 18th 05, 04:48 PM
gwhite

aotearoa706 wrote:

Jeez!

Calm down!

The rest were just personal slams about me.

Dumbass,

**** you.
Old July 18th 05, 05:46 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

aotearoa706 wrote:
Jeez!
I was just stating my opinion on what I thought of the situation.
I didn't know you guys were going to come over and burn my house down!!!!!

Calm down!

Dumbass -

Don't take it personally. We feel your pain. If we had to sell Motiv
bikes, the Cat 5 tactic of doing one's "fair share" of work in a bike
race would make total sense.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old July 18th 05, 05:57 PM
Donald Munro

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
Don't take it personally. We feel your pain. If we had to sell Motiv
bikes, the Cat 5 tactic of doing one's "fair share" of work in a bike
race would make total sense.

Are these Motiv bikes better than Bianchi's on cobbles ?