Hincapie Win Amazing!

Old July 17th 05, 05:59 PM
Rude

Default Hincapie Win Amazing!

Much like Lance's remarkable recovery from cancer, Hincapie a self
proclaimed classics rider and NOT A CLIMBER wins a TDF mountain stage!

What next, cats and dogs living in harmony?

Ahhh.... as Lance said, the miracles of science!

Old July 17th 05, 06:07 PM
David Ferguson

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 09:59:09 -0700, "Rude"
wrote:

Much like Lance's remarkable recovery from cancer, Hincapie a self
proclaimed classics rider and NOT A CLIMBER wins a TDF mountain stage!

What next, cats and dogs living in harmony?

Ahhh.... as Lance said, the miracles of science!

equating surviving stage 3 testicular cancer with winning a TdF
mountain stage.

brilliant.
Old July 17th 05, 06:31 PM

Rude wrote:
Much like Lance's remarkable recovery from cancer, Hincapie a self
proclaimed classics rider and NOT A CLIMBER wins a TDF mountain stage!

What next, cats and dogs living in harmony?

They very often do. Deprived childhood, Rude?

Ahhh.... as Lance said, the miracles of science!

Nothing new:

http://mrambaul.club.fr/coureurs/coureurs_p/poli.htm

(Eros Poli wins Mt. Ventoux stage, '94 TdF) (Height/weight other place
stated as: 6'4", 85kg or ~187lbs) --TP

Old July 17th 05, 06:42 PM

Actually, its not too surprising at all. George was always a super
talent and his form was super this year. I predict that George will
transform into a more all around rider like Jalabert. He won't win a
big Tour, but small stage races and even the other classics are well
within his ability. With Lance gone, he will be given more freedom and
should look beyond just Roubaix.

CH

Old July 17th 05, 07:14 PM

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 13:07:28 -0400, David Ferguson
wrote:

equating surviving stage 3 testicular cancer with winning a TdF
mountain stage.

brilliant.

But which is the more unlikely occurrence ?
Old July 17th 05, 07:45 PM
David Ferguson

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 13:52:53 -0400, "psycholist"
wrote:

I'm not even going to continue to have any kind of discussion where
bicycle racing and beating cancer are compared.

Hopefully you will never know why it's in such poor taste.

Oh for crying out loud. Lighten the F#$% up.

I got slammed by a teenager talking on a cell phone who was driving a
Saturn. Almost killed me. Months and months of painful rehab and recovery.
Saturn comes out with a commercial where all these things slam into Saturns
to show how dent-proof they are. The last one is a cyclist. I guess I
should be offended and write them letters and protest and be all whiny. I'm
sure you would.

Naw. It makes me laugh each time I see it.

Stop being such a wuss.

**** you, dumbass.

Hit by a car isn't good. And I wouldn't compare it to winning or
losing a bike race.

But it's even more apparent that you've never had to deal with cancer
in your life. And I hope you don't.