tires

Old March 9th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default tires

what size tires does a 10 speed bicycle take.

Old March 9th 07, 08:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
nash

wrote in message
ups.com...
what size tires does a 10 speed bicycle take.

My nishiki took 27". I bet 700c works though. Has to fit the rim most
likely.

Old March 10th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Kruger

nash wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
what size tires does a 10 speed bicycle take.

My nishiki took 27". I bet 700c works though. Has to fit the rim
most likely.

NO. The 27" and 700c tubes are interchangeable, but the tires are NOT.

The correct size will be marked on the sidewall of the tire. You can vary
the width some (so you can use 27 x 1-1/4 or 27 x 1 or 27 x 1-3/8 in most
cases, depending on whether the frame will clear a wider tire), but the
right diameter (27) must be used.

If it's a really old 10 speed, it might have one of those old Schwinn sizes
(like S-6 or S-7).

Old March 10th 07, 06:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
me

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 12:29:19 -0800, deedeewright wrote:

what size tires does a 10 speed bicycle take.

Who replaced the tires? Do you mean replaced the tires or
replaced the tubes? How much pressure is in the tire?

I find the most common problem is people don't pump them
up enough, they think less is better and get "snake bite"
punctures.

A 10 speed will probably take a 27 inch or 700C, which
depends on the bike.
Old March 11th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Curtis L. Russell

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 04:23:28 GMT, "Mike Kruger"
wrote:

NO. The 27" and 700c tubes are interchangeable, but the tires are NOT.

They were talking blowouts, so I assume the reference was to tubes.

Order a pair of tires or 3 tires? RS Techniques 12 July 12th 06 06:40 PM
Wide Mt. Bike Tires vs. Thin Tires [email protected] Mountain Biking 17 April 12th 05 06:13 AM
New Tires jason Mountain Biking 3 August 31st 04 12:38 PM
TIRES Polly Marketplace 0 August 21st 04 06:19 AM
relative cost/usage between bicycle tires and automobile tires Anonymous Techniques 46 April 7th 04 07:03 PM