Tour de France TV coverage

Old July 13th 03, 10:20 AM
Erdefen

Default Tour de France TV coverage

Why is Eurosport not covering today's most important stage until the
closing stages, is there anyone else covering it? Yesterday was
fantastic with Veronque winning the yellow and polka-dot shirts, first
time it's been done for 30 Years.

Erdefen
--
(Antispam, drop pants to EMail)
All outgoing Emails checked for Virus with Norton.

Old July 13th 03, 10:53 AM
Tony W

"Erdefen" wrote in message
Why is Eurosport not covering today's most important stage until the
closing stages, is there anyone else covering it? Yesterday was
fantastic with Veronque winning the yellow and polka-dot shirts, first
time it's been done for 30 Years.

Commercial decision?

ITV are showing from 3:30 pm (BST)

Old July 13th 03, 01:25 PM
Dan Gregory

ARD1 are shoing the whole stage, RAITre starts at 1.30
All the best
Dan Gregory

Old July 13th 03, 02:35 PM
Neil D

"Tony W" wrote in message

"Erdefen" wrote in message
Why is Eurosport not covering today's most important stage until the
closing stages, is there anyone else covering it? Yesterday was
fantastic with Veronque winning the yellow and polka-dot shirts, first
time it's been done for 30 Years.

Commercial decision?

ITV are showing from 3:30 pm (BST)

Could this be the start of better tv coverage in the future?
If its the stage I think it will be, it might impress the powers that be.

You'd think with all that's available today, someone would be transmitting
audio.
Especially the official tour site.

Old July 13th 03, 02:39 PM
Erdefen

Dan Gregory wrote:

ARD1 are shoing the whole stage, RAITre starts at 1.30
All the best
Dan Gregory

Thanks for that, unfortunately I cannot receive those 2 channels I have only
Sky dig. Must invest in another sat system, which should I go for, any idea?

Old July 13th 03, 02:44 PM
lbockhed

"Neil D" wrote in message

umm they are www.letour.fr

Old July 13th 03, 06:41 PM
Dan Gregory

"Erdefen" wrote in message
Dan Gregory wrote:

ARD1 are shoing the whole stage, RAITre starts at 1.30
All the best
Dan Gregory

Thanks for that, unfortunately I cannot receive those 2 channels I have

only
Sky dig. Must invest in another sat system, which should I go for, any

idea?
I got my FTA decoder at Lidl's and move the dish to and from Astra 2 and
Hotbird depending on what I want to see.
I checked out ITV this afternoon but after they started showing so many
commercial breaks I went back to RAI.
I can't believe ITV would do that to a football match, and net result is I
won't bother watching them in future. The bits I did see showed they hadn't
seen the action I'd seen on RAI either, as they seemed to be at a loss to
who was doing what.. Sad really because there is a huge market of potential
viewers out here if only they realised...
All the best
Dan Gregory

Old July 14th 03, 05:33 PM
martin

James Hodson wrote in message . ..

Why is Eurosport not covering today's most important stage until the
closing stages, is there anyone else covering it? Yesterday was
fantastic with Veronque winning the yellow and polka-dot shirts, first
time it's been done for 30 Years.

The live prog yesterday was fairly annoying, there was more adverts
than actual Tour footage (but it was prime time), well done ITV. Nice
to see the beeb devoting most of the afternoon to 'stenders on such a
busy sporting afternoon, well worth the licence fee.
Old July 14th 03, 10:03 PM
Victor Meldrew

In article , Dan Gregory
writes

I checked out ITV this afternoon but after they started showing so many
commercial breaks I went back to RAI.
I can't believe ITV would do that to a football match

Yep, that really ****ed me off too. I've really been enjoying the ITV2
highlights programmes (videoed so I can zap through the ads) but having
stayed in for the live ITV broadcast I only got as far as 10 mins before
I gave up. Just as USP started to pile on the pressure, they cut to
adverts in a live show. Unbelievable!
--
Victor Meldrew

Remove bra to reply by e-mail.
Old July 14th 03, 11:36 PM
Victor Meldrew

In article , Victor Meldrew
writes
In article , Dan Gregory
writes

I checked out ITV this afternoon but after they started showing so many
commercial breaks I went back to RAI.
I can't believe ITV would do that to a football match

Yep, that really ****ed me off too. I've really been enjoying the ITV2
highlights programmes (videoed so I can zap through the ads) but having
stayed in for the live ITV broadcast I only got as far as 10 mins
before I gave up. Just as USP started to pile on the pressure, they cut
to adverts in a live show. Unbelievable!

Anybody else notice the distorted picture on tonight's ITV2 highlights
programme? The adverts were absolutely fine but the TDF stuff had the
edges cut off and everyone was short and fat.
--
Victor Meldrew

Remove bra to reply by e-mail.