help me choose

Old January 31st 04, 07:06 PM
Mart

Default help me choose

After a long absence from mountain bikes and my old trek has long died, I
have 2 bikes to choose from

Claud Butler - Cape Wrath
or
Scott - Yecora 04'

unfortunatly i dont have thousands to spend on a bike, £400 top line

it has come down to these 2 bikes, which one??
any help would be appreciated !!!!

tnx

Old January 31st 04, 07:35 PM
bomba

Mart wrote:

Claud Butler - Cape Wrath
or
Scott - Yecora 04'

unfortunatly i dont have thousands to spend on a bike, £400 top line

it has come down to these 2 bikes, which one??

If it /had/ to be out of those two, I'd go with the Scott. But...

Old January 31st 04, 08:09 PM
Mart

If it /had/ to be out of those two, I'd go with the Scott. But...

i'm not a serious (is the the right word??) mountain biker

i know there are a HELL of a lot better bikes out there but this is mainly
for commuting to work (8miles a day) and having a little bit of fun at
weekends, i cant justify spending a bundle '

more so cos the wife wants a new kitchen grrrrr

Old January 31st 04, 08:39 PM
Chickenbomb

"Mart" wrote in message

If it /had/ to be out of those two, I'd go with the Scott. But...

i'm not a serious (is the the right word??) mountain biker

i know there are a HELL of a lot better bikes out there but this is mainly
for commuting to work (8miles a day) and having a little bit of fun at
weekends, i cant justify spending a bundle '

more so cos the wife wants a new kitchen grrrrr

i was looking at the cape wrath, but i ended up going for the olympus, not

a serious MTB i know, but i can thrash it about, get it dirty, and then ride
it to work as well

http://www.bikecare.co.uk/lpb/cb/cyc...s/olympus.html

Old January 31st 04, 10:53 PM
bomba

Mart wrote:
If it /had/ to be out of those two, I'd go with the Scott. But...

i'm not a serious (is the the right word??) mountain biker

We try not to be 'serious' here. It's about having fun after all

i know there are a HELL of a lot better bikes out there but this is mainly
for commuting to work (8miles a day) and having a little bit of fun at
weekends, i cant justify spending a bundle '

You missed my point. I wasn't encouraging you to spend loads - more that
there are probably better bikes for the money. The Trek 4500, the
Rockhopper Disc and the Merlin Malt 1 spring to mind. The Kona Fire
Mountain if you can stretch to it.

Old February 2nd 04, 12:17 PM
Shaun Rimmer

"Mart" wrote in message

If it /had/ to be out of those two, I'd go with the Scott. But...

i'm not a serious (is the the right word??) mountain biker

i know there are a HELL of a lot better bikes out there but this is mainly
for commuting to work (8miles a day) and having a little bit of fun at
weekends, i cant justify spending a bundle '

more so cos the wife wants a new kitchen grrrrr

I'm with Bomba on this - had a Claude Butler (still got the frame actually),
and didn't care for it at all. Damned heavy it was, but flexy as hell (bad
flex at the bottom bracket area - stomp on the pedals, and see the chain
ring hit the front derailleur cage, and I'm only light) . Now, the newer
lines seem to be lighter, but I just don't think they're on the MTB ball
enough, or if they're ay stiffer.

Shaun aRe