Help me choose...

Old September 29th 05, 05:29 PM
Coyoteboy

Default Help me choose...

I recently blew the shock on my trust Coyote F2. It works by pushrod
through the frame and since you cant buy the shock anymore its time for
radical thinking.

I have two choices:
1) Scrap the frame i've enjoyed for so long and buy something similar.
2) Modify the main bearing and make up some links to allow normal shock
usage.

2) will cost 100£ ish and I'll still have an old frame, but at least
one i know.
1) will cost a lot more.

Old September 29th 05, 05:37 PM
MattB

Coyoteboy wrote:
I recently blew the shock on my trust Coyote F2. It works by pushrod
through the frame and since you cant buy the shock anymore its time for
radical thinking.

I have two choices:
1) Scrap the frame i've enjoyed for so long and buy something similar.
2) Modify the main bearing and make up some links to allow normal shock
usage.

2) will cost 100£ ish and I'll still have an old frame, but at least
one i know.
1) will cost a lot more.

I vote for option 1. New bikes have come a long way and option 2 seems
like it's asking for trouble.

Matt
Old September 30th 05, 09:55 AM
Coyoteboy

MattB wrote:
I vote for option 1. New bikes have come a long way and option 2 seems
like it's asking for trouble.

Matt

Hmm, cheers Matt. I had that thought nagging at me but being of a cash
saving mindset I struggle to justify it!

Old September 30th 05, 10:03 AM
spademan o---[) *

Plus you'd have to change your name.
I'd agree with Matt BTW, time for a new frame. If you're desperate to
revive the Coyote try contacting CVI (you're in the UK iirc?)
http://www.cvi.co.uk/cvi/main.html they may have something to suit,
they keep a lot of older shock parts.
Steve.

Old September 30th 05, 12:00 PM
Coyoteboy

spademan o---[) * wrote:
Plus you'd have to change your name.

This was my main concern

I'd agree with Matt BTW, time for a new frame. If you're desperate to
revive the Coyote try contacting CVI (you're in the UK iirc?)
http://www.cvi.co.uk/cvi/main.html they may have something to suit,
they keep a lot of older shock parts.
Steve.

Id rather modify the frame if i was going to keep it. I can easly
convert it from plain bearing to 4x needle rollers at the pivot and its
not too much effort to machine up some links to change the
pushrod-thru-frame to links-outside-frame and even change the
characteristics of its travel.
my frame http://xc2.iwarp.com/images/ickle-coyote-f2.jpg

It weighs in pretty light you see (2.5kgish apparently, im still
stripping it to find out) with its carbon swingarm, and looks pretty
sweet, so i was going to re-powder coat it.

Just dont like getting rid of anything lol. There are still single
pivot/swingarm designs out there.

J -convincing himself.

Old September 30th 05, 02:10 PM

Coyoteboy wrote:
I recently blew the shock on my trust Coyote F2. It works by pushrod
through the frame and since you cant buy the shock anymore its time for
radical thinking.

I have two choices:
1) Scrap the frame i've enjoyed for so long and buy something similar.
2) Modify the main bearing and make up some links to allow normal shock
usage.

2) will cost 100£ ish and I'll still have an old frame, but at least
one i know.
1) will cost a lot more.

Did a google image search and... is this it?
http://www.loro.co.jp/image/b-coyote-f2.jpg
If so, I'd say that your first concern would be to plumb the pole
you're using to keep your shack upright.
/s

Old September 30th 05, 02:34 PM
Ride-A-Lot

wrote:
Coyoteboy wrote:

I recently blew the shock on my trust Coyote F2. It works by pushrod
through the frame and since you cant buy the shock anymore its time for
radical thinking.

I have two choices:
1) Scrap the frame i've enjoyed for so long and buy something similar.
2) Modify the main bearing and make up some links to allow normal shock
usage.

2) will cost 100£ ish and I'll still have an old frame, but at least
one i know.
1) will cost a lot more.

Did a google image search and... is this it?
http://www.loro.co.jp/image/b-coyote-f2.jpg
If so, I'd say that your first concern would be to plumb the pole
you're using to keep your shack upright.
/s

AAAHHHHHH!!!!! MY EYES! I'm blind! Help me Peg, I'm blind!

Thanks a bunch. I won't sleep for a week after looking at that thing.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old September 30th 05, 02:47 PM
Coyoteboy

wrote:
Did a google image search and... is this it?
http://www.loro.co.jp/image/b-coyote-f2.jpg
If so, I'd say that your first concern would be to plumb the pole
you're using to keep your shack upright.
/s

PMSL, i found that while searching for a shot of it! LOL. No, thank god
its not!

Old September 30th 05, 02:47 PM
Coyoteboy

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Actually: http://tinyurl.com/aucvr

I can see again. Woo, that was close.
--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

LOL, excellent, yes - thats the one.

Shoes you choose to use... Kayote Unicycling 24 January 19th 05 03:24 PM
How do I choose a unicycle? Ares Unicycling 11 April 28th 04 03:55 PM
WHICH of these MTBs would you choose??? Anders Mountain Biking 12 February 20th 04 03:43 AM
help me choose Mart Mountain Biking 6 February 2nd 04 12:17 PM
HELP kikapu vs kona dawg, which to choose? Jonathan Techniques 25 July 31st 03 07:25 PM