old antique uni.

Old February 21st 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GhettoSmurf

Default old antique uni.

i dont know how to atach or resize images so i will just link them

me with the uni:
http://www.geocities.com/ben_unruh/155_5576.JPG

again:
http://www.geocities.com/ben_unruh/155_5577-1.JPG

uh thizz dance?:
http://www.geocities.com/ben_unruh/155_5578.JPG

the uni:
http://www.geocities.com/ben_unruh/155_5579.JPG

front view:
http://www.geocities.com/ben_unruh/155_5580.JPG

the wheel:
http://www.geocities.com/ben_unruh/155_5581.JPG

(what's left of) the seat
http://www.geocities.com/ben_unruh/155_5582.JPG

i don't expect that it is a good uni. thats why i dont use it like
that. i already have a trials, muni and coker. this is just a colector.

--
GhettoSmurf

http://willowglenbicycles.com/index.cfm[/url]
GhettoSmurf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11929

Old February 21st 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GhettoSmurf

jim wrote:

By the way, where did yo momma find it?

an antique store in cambria CA.

Old February 21st 07, 06:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
one wheely

Antiques have to be over 100 years old

--
one wheely

Why stroll...when you can roll?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it!
one wheely's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11955

Old February 21st 07, 07:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iridemymuni

but the seat has like a rail adapter type thing on it. i mean **** you
can even adjust the angle of the seat with it! if you wanna do that on
a new uni it can cost like 60 bucks !

ahhahaha.

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Old February 21st 07, 08:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

one wheely wrote:
Antiques have to be over 100 years old

Not here, and especially not at an antique store, where some dealers
will try to pass off anything as an antique. If the buyer doesn't know
how old it is, hopefully they can be fooled into thinking it's older.

The unicycle looks like a Troxel, but has some variations from mine.
The wheel looks a little beefier, and the cranks are definitely longer!
My seat still has the plastic over the top.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view

Old February 21st 07, 11:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danny Colyer

one wheely wrote:
Antiques have to be over 100 years old

and johnfoss responded:
Not here, and especially not at an antique store, where some dealers
will try to pass off anything as an antique. If the buyer doesn't know
how old it is, hopefully they can be fooled into thinking it's older.

The idea of antiques having to be over 100 years old is a new one on me.
I know that some of the toys I used to play with as a kid, which
originally belonged to my dad when he was growing up in the 60's, are
now considered antiques. I also have the remains of a rather nice
antique geometry set (brass protractor, compasses etc in a wooden case),
which was new when my grandad used it at school in the 20's. It might
be worth something now if my uncle hadn't lost most of the bits when he
was at school :-(

Anyway, I reached for dictionary.com, where one of the definitions for
"antique" states:
"8. any work of art, piece of furniture, decorative object, or the
like, created or produced in a former period, or, according to U.S.
customs laws, 100 years before date of purchase."

So, the 100 year definition is for legal purposes only. Note also, one
wheely, that definition No 3 in the same dictionary.com article mentions
25 years or older in the case of automobiles.

url:http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/antique

--
Danny Colyer URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/
Old February 21st 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Beener

I had a Norco that I got when I was 10, so that would make it 29 years
old now. My parents bought it for me and I learned to ride using it. It
was a sweet frame, even by todays standards. Main cap bearings, seat
with front and rear bumper bars that ripped off after three days, a
seat you had to keep bending back or folding over to hold the foam and
cover. It was sweet though. I had the frame and stuff until a few years
ago and then the it was lost in a move. Pretty heavy, but definately
cool.

--
Beener

Unicycle for Pic-a-Pop!!
Beener's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3817

Old February 21st 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uniredneck

Yeah, that isn't the one I have, but it is very similer. It does indeed
look like a Troxel. The seat and pedals on yours are different that
what we have. Seeing that seat, I guess the rectangle seat with foam
and pleather ain't that bad, lol.

--
uniredneck

"It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling
woman in a wide house." - Proverbs 21:9

"I believe in God like I believe in the sun rise. Not because I can see
it, but because I can see all that it touches." - C.S. Lewis
uniredneck's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13931

Old (Antique?) 9-Speed Bike John Everett Techniques 4 January 18th 06 03:24 AM
antique unicycle image davideo Unicycling 26 July 19th 05 09:22 PM
antique cycles [email protected] Techniques 2 March 22nd 05 09:14 PM
Humor pic: FS Antique Classic Corinne Shulen Mountain Biking 0 November 17th 04 07:48 PM
FS: Antique Schwinn Spitfire Dave Marketplace 0 October 28th 04 02:50 PM