grind rail poll

Old February 21st 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni4life_13

Default grind rail poll

results, please visit http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58280
Question: what type of rail is best for learning/progressing skills?
(all have 0 incline)

- square rail 1"
- square rail 2"
- square rail 3"
- round rail 1"
- round rail 2"
- round rail 3"

k i will do a poll. i seemed to get some controversy in the replies and
thats not what i wanted. i figured a rail with no incline is best to
learn on right? oh and how high should i make it?

--
uni4life_13
uni4life_13's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13726

Old February 22nd 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

uni4life_13 wrote:
i figured a rail with no incline is best to learn on right? oh and how
high should i make it?

I learned on an inclined rail.

With a flat rail, you need momentum to grind for any distance. With an
inclined rail, gravity will take you down the rail... no momentum is
required... all you have to do is get on the rail.

As for height, keep in mind the higher you make the rail the higher
you'll have to jump to get onto the rail... and jumping tends to rob
one of their forward momentum.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire

Old February 22nd 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni4life_13

does it take along time to learn on an inclined rail? what is th best
angle to set it at?

Old February 22nd 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

uni4life_13 wrote:
does it take along time to learn on an inclined rail? what is th best
angle to set it at?

its not very hard, it's mostly just fear factor. I learned to grind ona
ledge, then an inclined ledge, then a rail, then an inclined rail.

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com

muniaddict wrote:
does he have me confused with somebody who's actually good?

Brian MacKenzie wrote:
you're gonna need a flux capacitor and a shot of plutonium

Old February 22nd 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
James_Potter

I agree with maestro, a slightly inclined rail is easier than a flat
rail...my friend learned to grind by simply setting the unicycle on an
inclined rail, then stepping on and sliding down.

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john
lennon
'*mikael atkinson*' (http://www.barefoothippie.com)
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
*♥ Unicycle For Peace ♥*
-last edited by skrobo : today at 11:41 am.-

DIY grind rail gabetheunicycleman Unicycling 0 November 19th 06 07:54 AM
Building a Grind Rail? UNIquelyCanadian Unicycling 20 June 1st 06 05:43 AM
My Grind Rail with pics. juggle508 Unicycling 19 June 5th 05 09:51 PM
Grind Rail. juggle508 Unicycling 21 May 31st 05 06:13 PM
10 stair rail grind video tugboat Unicycling 7 August 23rd 03 10:01 PM