"Quicklinks" for a Campy UN chain?

Old June 12th 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
C. Ballou

Default "Quicklinks" for a Campy UN chain?

I'm riding a Campy Chorus Ultranarrow 10sp chain. I've been using a
SuperLink III (model -4, blue package) to let me clean my chain
easily. I used the SuperLink with the older Campy 10 speed chains &
loved it. These - not so much. They seem to wear out very quickly, are
a bee-otch to open, and click something fierce.
Anyone using something else for these chains that they could
recommend? Do the KMC links work? They seem awfully inexpensive,
compared to everything else.
Thanks.
Old June 12th 08, 04:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Jun 12, 8:12*am, C. Ballou wrote:
I'm riding a Campy Chorus Ultranarrow 10sp chain. I've been using a
SuperLink III (model -4, blue package) to let me clean my chain
easily. I used the SuperLink with the older Campy 10 speed chains &
loved it. These - not so much. They seem to wear out very quickly, are
a bee-otch to open, and click something fierce.
Anyone using something else for these chains that they could
recommend? Do the KMC links work? They seem awfully inexpensive,
compared to everything else.

KMC quicklinks are great, as are the chains. I've not run them on
Campy chains, but the noise on the net says they work fine provided
you get the right width (5.9mm?).

On a KMC tangent--Nashbar's got their tandem chains on sale--which are
nice KMC jobbers--split in half means that you 7/8 speeders get sweet
chains for $7.50 each. Stock up!