A 36 inch bike, and public thanks!

Old February 14th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
benwitt11

Default A 36 inch bike, and public thanks!

unicyclepa wrote:
what did you build it for ?

I built it mainly for the fun of it. It was a huge challenge in terms
of design, as many factors are very different with wheels the large.
For riding, I did it for the same reason people ride 36" unicycles,
they are just cool. The have certain technical advantages, but hey,
they're just really just fun to ride. As a unicycle this is a
practical matter, the bigger wheel, the faster you go, (over simplified
of course.) On a bike, it is a bit of a novelty, but a great fun one
at that.

--
benwitt11
benwitt11's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14076

Old February 15th 07, 10:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onebyone

Nice bike. In want one. The idea of a lite 36 frame and the lite rims as
well on any type of bike sounds great. Maybe we will see some new lite
tyres in various tread patterns in the future.

--
onebyone

Bill Blogs is an alien!
www.municycle.com.au
onebyone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10014

Old February 16th 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gordito8me

what kind of hub did you use? just a standard hub I would assume or is
there some extra wide hub for bikes?

--
gordito8me

36er fund = 19$ out of 375$
gordito8me's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13641

Old February 16th 07, 04:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicyclepa

I built it mainly for the fun of it. It was a huge challenge in terms of
design, as many factors are very different with wheels the large. For
riding, I did it for the same reason people ride 36" unicycles, they
are just cool. The have certain technical advantages, but hey, they're
just really just fun to ride. As a unicycle this is a practical matter,
the bigger wheel, the faster you go, (over simplified of course.) On a
bike, it is a bit of a novelty, but a great fun one at that.

thats what i thought but from the looks of it are you gona use it for
off road ?

--
unicyclepa

www.unicyclepa.com
we suck
but its all good
team YAMS member in your sig or title and say
unicyclepa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9246

Old February 20th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
benwitt11

I will be using it offroad. Nothing too crazy, but it will be a lot of
fun.

I used a Surly single speed rear disc hub for the front wheel, and a
Profile Racing 6 spd rear in the back. These are both 135mm wide at
the axles, similar to most Uni hubs. This is why the spokes work out
so well. The hubs are normal rear hubs, it is a little odd to use them
on the front as well, but not that different.

public bike storage Steve Peake UK 1 February 23rd 06 08:32 AM
Really confused: Headsets, threaded, threadless, 1 inch, 1-18th inch?? Ken M Techniques 4 December 14th 05 02:22 AM
WTB: Used 25 inch Touring Bike Peter Marketplace 2 June 24th 05 05:05 PM
A public city bike hire scheme will be launched in Adelaide today Marty Australia 0 May 22nd 05 01:45 AM
27 inch tyres for a 1988 road bike. Patrick Turner Australia 6 May 11th 05 04:17 PM