Jeff Groves, Unicycles for South America!

Old February 14th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Beener

Default Jeff Groves, Unicycles for South America!

I was emailing Jeff Groves the other day about CUF stuff and he
mentioned to me that he has noticed in his trip to South America, that
Unicycling is not really being very well exposed down south. he has
seen a few people on Uni's and has riden with them in the hopes of
peaking some interest but the lack of places to get equipment and
unicycles is very limited and so the sport really seems to be stuck.

He is trying to start a campaign to get money and equipment together to
ship down to people there and he is looking into getting the IUF
involved as well, but for now, here are some picks from Jeff's visit to
Columbia. They are huge, so some one better at the computer thing can
repost them, but I couldn't get them any smaller than this.

Stay tuned for info on the Unicycles for South America Campaign!

http://tinyurl.com/27mo89

--
Beener

Unicycle for Pic-a-Pop!!
Beener's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3817

Old February 15th 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Beener

Jeff has added his own Gallery that he will be adding pictures to
remotely. Here is the link,
http://tinyurl.com/22udaf

Old February 15th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
picado

yea...

in brazil we are in many unicyclist.. but lack of equipaments dont let
the sport progress here

I already talked with all the brands, kh, quax1, koxx

and no1 shows interests in come to brazil or south america.

its sad

I dont know if there is some unicycling moviment on other places of
south america.

People really wants to be part of this , but when you say that a
unicycle for trials/muni would cost like 800 usdolar ( uni + shiping )
they all get unmotived.

Here if you want to buy a unicycle you need to know someone who is
going to usa and give money to him bring a uni.

My uni is almost on his end and i dont know if i will get money to have
another this year, this is sad because on my city i am the only who is
getting the sport to the extreme around here.

I started a unicycle meeting here but is hard to get people.. me and
another guy are the only who got good unicycles.. the others peoples
got homemades unicycle... and for god... its impossible to get good on
that things.

Iam really happy that you guys are looking for us down here.
I was nearly to give up on my efforts to unicycling become real here!

And i really thing that the pros who come to South america should visit
Brazil too.

This message can look a little dramatic but its the real situation down
here. Sad but its the true.. Brazil on the unicycling scheme is
something apart.

thanks!

sorry for the english

--
picado

From HELL SP mono CLUBE!

###unicycle for JAH RASTAFARI###
One wheel in brazil
picado's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11964

Old February 15th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
francisco

there`s something that bugs me:

Kris Holm came here and didn`t visit Brazil. Jeff Groves went to
Colombia and didn`t show up in Brazil!

Hey guys! Brazil is a fantastic place to ride! We are the only south
american guys I`ve heard struggling to make extreme unicycling go
somewhere here.
(or at least making it a sport and not only a circus number).

People in Brazil are really up for extreme sports and (why haven`t you
guiy ever thought about it?) I`m sure a great selling market.

Look down here!!

--
francisco

###UNICYLE FOR JAH RASTAFARI###

BH PIRATA MONOCREW
francisco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11493

Old February 20th 07, 11:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phthoruth

Kris travels alot for work; a little for play. He was in Argentina for
work last time. Now he's in Alaska.

I was lucky enough to ride with Jeff a year ago...
http://frank.vanuni.com/JeffGrovesDec2005.wmv

Hope it goes well.
Many of us travel, but dont hook up and ride. How can we make it
easier to know who to contact?

--
phthoruth
phthoruth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11491

Old February 20th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vivalargo

My family is from Venezuela and I have a house down there and like many
So American countries, by and large there simply isn't the money
floating around for $400 unicycles. These are soccer cultures
(Venezuela is really a baseball culture) with extreme sports where it
was in the US say, in the 60s or early 70s. And tking a uni to Colombia
won't accomplish much if expanding the sport is your aim.

JL

--
vivalargo
vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625

Old February 20th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Beener

Jeff is still there and I am pretty sure that he will be visiting
Brazilo before his trip is over. Once he gets back to Canada, we can
sort out getting some equipment into South America.

Old February 21st 07, 02:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeff Groves

unfortunetly this time i won´t be going to brazil. money and time just
doent allow it. so far the coutnries i have been to are colombia
(which has the nicest and most generous people i have met) and venezula
for a few days to go to a bull fighting festival in San Cristobol. and
after colombia I´m off to peru and maybe boliva. but i am coming back
to this wonderful contenient - and i will do my best to check out
brazil along with some of the other countries i have missed this time.

any ways i have added a bunch more photos for those who are interested.
most are unicycling related but there are that have nothing to do with
unicycling i just like.

http://tinyurl.com/ywmx89

Jeff

--
Jeff Groves
Jeff Groves's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1385

Old February 21st 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
timbob1907

My cousin lives in Bogata, Colombia! I doubt you saw him though. But
he does rid a uni.

--
timbob1907

forrestunifreak wrote:
I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but it wouldn't
matter anyway.

fluxusmaximus wrote:
It looks like some deranged mad-man going berserk with a heavy metal
object.

(\_/)
O 0
()This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature, help him on his way
to world domination.
'CarbonFibreSeat!'
timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425

Old February 21st 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeff Groves

hey tim bob

could you please please give me his email address or some way i might
be able to get in touch with him - and email or phione number. I sent
you a PM but am not sure if you check them.

Thanks jeff