hubs/cranks and stuff

Old February 20th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jayhawker

Default hubs/cranks and stuff

Hi Plumsie,

Today I pulled a crank off my Koxx Devil and measured the flutes. The
flute length is 15.9 mm (slightly under spec) and the flute distance
(rough measurement) was 17.3 mm (probably within spec). This confused
me because as you stated I tried to mount a Truvativ crank on the hub
last fall and saw a 1/4" gap. I was expecting to see a flute length in
the 14.6 mm range that Roland had seen. I then installed the Truvativ
crank and saw the 1/4" gap again. The problem is the spacer was still
on the Koxx crank that I had pulled off. When I pulled the crank off
and installed the spacer, everything was fine. The Truvativ crank has
a collar that looks like a spacer, last fall I must have thought that
the spacer was installed.

I purchased the Koxx Devil in the fall of 2005. So maybe old batches
of Koxx 1 hubs are closer to the ISIS specification than the current
ones. I have considered ordering a set of KH Moment 165 cranks to see
if they fit on my K1/Large Marge wheel set. But since UDC is out of
stock I will not be able to try this until they get some. Also I don't
want to be the one to say "KH Moment cranks fit on my K1 hub" and have
other people try the same thing and fail.

Jayhawker

--
jayhawker
jayhawker's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11274

Old February 21st 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicorn

You can go the the below site to see Onza Unicycles.

http://www.onza.com/site_files_flash/04models.htm

I have ridden the 2005 model and am very happy with it except for the
shape of the crown. The potruding pipes would always hit the insides of
my knees or my knee/shin guards and this was quite anoying. Other than
that it was a great Unicycle.

If the price is similar go for the KH 2007. If you want to have an less
common Unicycle go for the Onza.

The only thing inferior to the KH is that the paint chips and scratches
easier on the aluminum than on CroMoly.

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!
Unicorn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12801