How Good Is The Nimbus Trials

Old February 19th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
allskrewedup

Default How Good Is The Nimbus Trials

results, please visit http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58203
Question: How Good is the Nimbus Trials

- REALLY good
- Good
- OK
- Bad
- REALLY bad

I just saw it on udc for about $270 and was wondering if it was any
good.

--
allskrewedup

unicycle for Christ

\\_//
O O
~~This is *POWER BUNNY* He will kill you if you don't kill all who
oppose him.

Borgschulze wrote:
it grabs my pants

allskrewedup's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14164

Old February 19th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tobbogonist

I loved mine, the only problem would have been the frame, although they
have upgraded that now or something..

The cranks held up ok to small stuff but anything over 5 feet or so i
diffinately dont recomend, it will only cost you more in the long run.

--
tobbogonist

tobbogonist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12176

Old February 19th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onewheelinwierdo

At $284 plus shipping, just get a DX for $250.
The cranks and hub are nowhere near as strong as the DX's.
The frame is stronger, but with that price difference you could jus buy
a nimbus 2 frame and sell the DX frame.

--
onewheelinwierdo

Leftover parts are proof you made it better!

monkeyman wrote:
Dude, don't make fun of him. He might read this, find us, and then run
us over with his hardcore minivan.

Unicycle For Christ

onewheelinwierdo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13514

Old February 19th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bungalistic

Its fine for small trials stuff but as soon as you start getting bigger
better and more technical you'll need splined hub and cranks and for
that you'll need a KH, Koxx or Qu-Ax if you can save your money and get
one of these it'll save you money in the long run.

--
bungalistic

A COMMON MISTAKE THAT PEOPLE MAKE WHEN TRYING TO DESIGN SOMETHING
COMPLETELY FOOLPROOF IS TO UNDERESTIMATE THE INGENUITY OF THE COMPLETE
FOOLS

My Gallery (http://www.unicyclist.com/index.php?page=gallery&g2_itemId=192026"My
gallery)

'Fat-Tyre.co.uk' (http://www.fat-tyre.co.uk/)
bungalistic's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12035

Old February 19th 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

nimbus hoppey?

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
forrestunifreak wrote:
They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

2 unispins landed!
don't follow Jesus, follow me!

thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

Old February 19th 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

You could get the nimbus, then when the cranks go bad, buy KH moments.

Then youd have a strong uni, for a decent price.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

Old February 20th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
allskrewedup

Which one the trials or the hoppley

--
allskrewedup

unicycle for Christ

\\_//
O O
~~This is *POWER BUNNY* He will kill you if you don't help him kill
everybody he doesn't like.

Old February 20th 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The.Mars.Volta

tobbogonist wrote:
I loved mine, the only problem would have been the frame, although they
have upgraded that now or something...

whats wrong with the frame?

and can you fit kh moment cranks on the nimbus frame?

--
The.Mars.Volta

juggle508 wrote:
I know why Tomsey is so good at backs and why Shaun owns at normal
flips.
It has to do with the gravitational pull. Like how the toilet flushes
in the opposite direction down there. Well its easier down there to
flip backwards then forwards

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2lotu6)
'YouTube Account' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jtbatool)
Unicycle 4 SATAN
The.Mars.Volta's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13719

Old February 20th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
whats wrong with the frame?

and can you fit kh moment cranks on the nimbus frame?

Yep, nimbus frames do not use machined bearing holders, this allows for
the 42mm bearings from Koxx and KH to fit into the 40mm frame.

I even made pop shims, really thick ones, and put them on my bearings
to make sure the frame would hold the bigger size, and it worked
perfectly.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

How much should i ask for my Nimbus trials tobbogonist Unicycling 12 January 23rd 07 08:54 PM
Nimbus Trials SE gordito8me Unicycling 5 November 11th 06 01:19 AM
nimbus trials uni lucky_8 Unicycling 14 May 27th 06 09:23 PM
nimbus trials uni trials_uni Unicycling 0 May 11th 06 01:42 AM
nimbus trials unicycle, any good? juggling_unicyclist_joe Unicycling 6 April 30th 05 02:33 PM