new street trick?!?!

Old February 20th 07, 07:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bungalistic

Default new street trick?!?!

I remember seeing an old skating video with Daewon Song where he does
this or at least something similar. So its not exactly a new trick but
more of an adaptation of one already in existence, would look cool if
pulled off tho

--
bungalistic

A COMMON MISTAKE THAT PEOPLE MAKE WHEN TRYING TO DESIGN SOMETHING
COMPLETELY FOOLPROOF IS TO UNDERESTIMATE THE INGENUITY OF THE COMPLETE
FOOLS

My Gallery (http://www.unicyclist.com/index.php?page=gallery&g2_itemId=192026"My
gallery)

'Fat-Tyre.co.uk' (http://www.fat-tyre.co.uk/)
bungalistic's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12035

Old February 20th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unifreak7

During that night session vid I had some more ideas on how to slide
those perfect benches. Setting them up in a line and trying to trick to
the next grind was one of them (as well as, setting them up closing to
be forced to do a grind and blind at the same time, angled slide to
striaght slide, and what not). We got kicked out though on my last
night before I could really get into it. So it sucks, but oh well. I
don't see a 540 happening, it's tricky to trick off ledge grinds. And
maybe if they were both angled downward, and the second was a slight
drop to grind, giving more time for the trick, that would be a lot more
possible.

-Shaun Johanneson

--
unifreak7

http://www.unicyclist.com
unifreak7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6137

Old February 20th 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Whilst were on combos:
Has any body ever glidded down a hill, gone down a 1ft+ drop and
contiued glidding?

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
forrestunifreak wrote:
They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

2 unispins landed!
don't follow Jesus, follow me!

thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

Old February 20th 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

uni4life_13 wrote:
IF i am the inventor of this trick, I, hereby name (and claim) these
tricks the "rail-to-rail" tricks.

I think whoever *does* these tricks deserves to claim them. If they got
the idea to try them from you, they should have the option of using
your chosen name, or whatever they think it should be called.

Get well soon!

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view

Old February 20th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

i agree with johnfoss.
The trick should be named whatever the person who pulls it off wants it
to be, not the person who thinks it up.
I have thought up some sick tricks, but never seen them done by anyone,
a few are rediculously hard and nearly impossible, but maybe I'll do
one off that 10 set (just kidding guys im not retarded, or maybe I am.)

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

-last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

Old February 20th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

johnfoss wrote:
I think whoever *does* these tricks deserves to claim them. If they got
the idea to try them from you, they should have the option of using
your chosen name, or whatever they think it should be called.

Get well soon!

The thing is though, its not new. Its been done a lot in other sports.

would be cool to see someone go do a grind, manage a 180 or 360 with a
rev, then land into another grind.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

Old February 20th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

Jerrick wrote:
The thing is though, its not new. Its been done a lot in other sports.

would be cool to see someone go do a grind, manage a 180 or 360 with a
rev, then land into another grind.

its new to unicycling
we come up w/ whatever name we want, but this, this is not a trick, it
is a combo.

Old February 20th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

skrobo wrote:
its new to unicycling
we come up w/ whatever name we want, but this, this is not a trick, it
is a combo.

Its an innovation to unicycle. =p

Kinda like bringing ISIS into our hubs.