Coker XLR Tire

Old February 5th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
snaplink

Default Coker XLR Tire

I just went for a ride with the new Coker Ribbed XLR tire!. Hope to go
for a long ride this weekend and see how it does. The short ride I went
on today was super smooth and Quiet.
I will post a review and maybe pictures later, Keith

--
snaplink
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 5th 08, 10:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scotthue

is it lighter than the nightrider(1660g) that is the question.

--
scotthue
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 6th 08, 01:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JustOneWheel

snaplink wrote:
I just went for a ride with the new Coker Ribbed XLR tire!. Hope to go
for a long ride this weekend and see how it does. The short ride I went
on today was super smooth and Quiet.
I will post a review and maybe pictures later, Keith

Monster(coker) MUni ride and review, P L E A S E !

Thanx

--
JustOneWheel

There is no better way to have Fun and Exercise. "UNICYCLE"
Every one should have "FUN ON ONE"
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 9th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
aj23

Please post a picture of the new tire. To my knowledge a pic hasn't been
posted yet and I'm very interested. Later.

Aj

--
aj23
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 9th 08, 07:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unisk8r

+1

This is the fourth 36" tire now available, and as usual for some
reason, no known specs until the end users post them.

--
unisk8r
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 9th 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

Yeah, what does this thing look like?

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *The First Serious Unicycle
Computer Game* - -ProjectUNI update available 'here!'
(http://projectuni.com/#lightbox3)-* - Join the 'discussion.'
(http://www.projectuni.com/forum)
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 10th 08, 05:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Rowan

unisk8r wrote:
This is the fourth 36" tire now available, and as usual for some reason,
no known specs until the end users post them.

It's funny that. I looked up all the tires the other day, and there are
no weights posted on Unicycle.com for either of the 4 ply tires, the
Wheel TA or the Coker, so while I believe them that the Nightrider is
lighter, exactly how much lighter is a bit of a mystery. The
revolutionary cross cut thread design seems to like picking up a lot of
small stones from the road, which would add to the weight until you
pick them out.

--
Rowan
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 10th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unisk8r

I wonder if a Nightrider could be shaved down to slick tread?

--
unisk8r
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 10th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rogeratunicycledotcom

Rowan wrote:
It's funny that. I looked up all the tires the other day, and there are
no weights posted on Unicycle.com for either of the 4 ply tires, the
Wheel TA or the Coker, so while I believe them that the Nightrider is
lighter, exactly how much lighter is a bit of a mystery. The
revolutionary cross cut thread design seems to like picking up a lot of
small stones from the road, which would add to the weight until you
pick them out.

You just have to look on the sites that sell the tyres to find the
weights.
Coker: 1960g
http://tinyurl.com/23vopm
TA: 2060g
http://tinyurl.com/2w8eul
Nightrider: 1660g
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1195

All those weights were done on the same scale, the scale is also very
accurate as it is a post office weighing scale

As for the pattern picking up small stones etc. Yes it does, but in
weight terms, nothing!

--
rogeratunicycledotcom

++++++++++++++++++
Unicycle.com in the UK
The UK's Unicycle Source
www.unicycle.uk.com
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 10th 08, 11:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian MacKenzie

rogeratunicycledotcom wrote:

As for the pattern picking up small stones etc. Yes it does, but in
weight terms, nothing!

that sounds like when i was trying to lighten up my bike with all sorts
of components, xtr, etc...

whenever i sunk money into a light component, i would say, 'wow,this is
an ounce lighter than that other one!'

but when it worked against me, and i only liked how the component
looked or something, i would say, 'ahh, it's just an ounce'

--
Brian MacKenzie

'CanadianUnicycling.com' (http://www.canadianunicycling.com)

DVDs Now Available: 'Inner Balance' (http://tinyurl.com/2pd7sm) ,
'Training Wheel Not Required' (http://tinyurl.com/2b8cq6)
Coming Soon: '90 min documentary: Ride The Lobster'
(http://tinyurl.com/2wfltu)
http://www.usenet.com

Coker tire available n9jcv Unicycling 1 November 12th 06 01:42 PM
anyone have spare Coker tire? leadpan Unicycling 1 August 23rd 05 02:10 PM
Max safe psi in Coker tire? Memphis Mud Unicycling 12 August 21st 05 01:42 PM
POW! (my first Coker tire blowup) leadpan Unicycling 18 August 20th 05 08:11 AM
coker from the coker tire company Ottawa Dave Unicycling 8 April 28th 05 07:56 PM