Marzocchi MZ Comp 100mm - comments?

Old October 2nd 04, 02:31 PM
Rocky Peters

Default Marzocchi MZ Comp 100mm - comments?

What is the Marzocchi MZ Comp 100mm like, and what kind of riding can it
handle?
I'm not that heavy (170lb), and looking for a versatile fork for urban, 2-4
ft pavement drops, and the occasional DJ, but I'd like it to be OK for
riding XC trails as well. Would the Marzocchi MZ Comp 100mm fit the bill, or
do I need to look at other options? It would be great to hear from you if
you have used the MZ Comp 100mm, and to hear what you could or could not do
with it! What's the most you can get out of this fork?
-Rocky

Old October 5th 04, 12:04 PM
Treefrog

"Rocky Peters" wrote in message
What is the Marzocchi MZ Comp 100mm like, and what kind of riding can it
handle?
I'm not that heavy (170lb), and looking for a versatile fork for urban,

2-4
ft pavement drops, and the occasional DJ, but I'd like it to be OK for
riding XC trails as well. Would the Marzocchi MZ Comp 100mm fit the bill,

or
do I need to look at other options? It would be great to hear from you if
you have used the MZ Comp 100mm, and to hear what you could or could not

do
with it! What's the most you can get out of this fork?
-Rocky

I have a set on my Liquid 25, they've taken a beating and I've not had any
problems so far...(6ft drops, XC, minor downhill etc). They're a good fork,
I recommend them.
The only issue I had was when I first got them, even with 0psi in, they were
nearly rigid, we stripped the forks and found they had coils in there, so
removed the coils and now they're fine. Must of been a cockup at the
factory.

Old October 6th 04, 12:18 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

The only issue I had was when I first got them, even with 0psi in,
they were nearly rigid, we stripped the forks and found they had
coils in there, so removed the coils and now they're fine. Must of
been a cockup at the factory.

I hope you're joking.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old October 7th 04, 10:58 AM
Treefrog

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" wrote in
message . ..
The only issue I had was when I first got them, even with 0psi in,
they were nearly rigid, we stripped the forks and found they had
coils in there, so removed the coils and now they're fine. Must of
been a cockup at the factory.

I hope you're joking.

No, seriously. With coils, the shocks would NOT work AT ALL, even with 0
psi. Removed coils, now they feel absolutely fine, with some air in or
course.

Old October 7th 04, 11:00 AM
Treefrog

"Treefrog" wrote in message
"Phil, Squid-in-Training" wrote in
message . ..
The only issue I had was when I first got them, even with 0psi in,
they were nearly rigid, we stripped the forks and found they had
coils in there, so removed the coils and now they're fine. Must of
been a cockup at the factory.

I hope you're joking.

No, seriously. With coils, the shocks would NOT work AT ALL, even with 0
psi. Removed coils, now they feel absolutely fine, with some air in or
course.

Doh!!!! I'm sooo stupid... I miss read the subject and have only just
spotted it, I have MX comps not MZ's.... My mistake, apologies.