Odd interaction with a road rager

Old September 23rd 04, 09:03 AM
Muttley

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:32:55 GMT, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

Muttley wrote:

Bill "am I reall this dense" S.

No, Bill. The system where we let the politicians and media tells us
what's good for us.

It's so much easier that way for the hard of thinking.

Dishonest quoting (with a lame typo at that) suits you, Mutt. That's all I
need to know about you.

Bill "he who tells little lies tells big ones, too" S.

Bill, that is one of the most egregious cases of the pot calling the kettle
black that I've ever seen.

You removed the significant part of the post I was responding to, placed your
own paragraph after the quote - a paragraph that made it look as if I was
refering to something _quite_ different to what I was actually refering to.

That was truly dishonest. A _big_ lie, if you like.

My misquote could not really be considered dishonest - it was in no way an
attempt to deceive anyone, because no one would ever believe for a momemnt that
you'd actually typed that.

I have thought that you're a dishonest poster for some time, mainly because you
maintain that you are not political, yet show a very definite political bias. I
had given you the benefit of the doubt up until now, but you tricky editing and
selective quoting that tried to make if look as if I'd intended something I
hadn't, now makes me reassess that attitude.

And having the effrontery to complain that a jokey and obvious misquote was some
kind of a lie, after you far more serious dishonesty really takes the biscuit.

Oh, and a typo isn't lame, or not lame, it's a typo.

Old September 23rd 04, 10:46 AM
Doug Evans

"Bill Sornson" wrote in message ...
Muttley wrote:

Bill "am I reall this dense" S.

No, Bill. The system where we let the politicians and media tells us
what's good for us.

It's so much easier that way for the hard of thinking.

Dishonest quoting (with a lame typo at that) suits you, Mutt. That's all I
need to know about you.

Bill "he who tells little lies tells big ones, too" S.

Bill, you're a hypocrite. You edited his post to make it look as if he
was saying something quite different to what he did. Now you're
whining about a little bit of satire.

Doug
Old September 23rd 04, 04:55 PM
Bill Sornson

wrote:

Muttley wrote:

Bill "am I reall this dense" S.

No, Bill. The system where we let the politicians and media tells us
what's good for us.

It's so much easier that way for the hard of thinking.

Dishonest quoting (with a lame typo at that) suits you, Mutt.
That's all I need to know about you.

Bill "he who tells little lies tells big ones, too" S.

Bill, that is one of the most egregious cases of the pot calling the
kettle black that I've ever seen.

You removed the significant part of the post I was responding to,
placed your own paragraph after the quote - a paragraph that made it
look as if I was refering to something _quite_ different to what I
was actually refering to.

I did not remove anything, liar. (I just re-read the thread to make sure.)
Maybe someone BEFORE that deleted some stuff, but I simply replied to your
post as was.

That was truly dishonest. A _big_ lie, if you like.

"One of the most egregious cases of the pot calling the kettle black that
I've ever seen" -- Mutt.

Bill "can't improve on that" S.

Old September 23rd 04, 04:57 PM
Bill Sornson

Muttley wrote:

Bill "am I reall this dense" S.

No, Bill. The system where we let the politicians and media tells us
what's good for us.

It's so much easier that way for the hard of thinking.

Dishonest quoting (with a lame typo at that) suits you, Mutt.
That's all I need to know about you.

Bill "he who tells little lies tells big ones, too" S.

Bill, you're a hypocrite. You edited his post to make it look as if he
was saying something quite different to what he did. Now you're
whining about a little bit of satire.

Read it again, Doug (I've done it twice now). I DID NOT EDIT A THING.

Bill "the thread is right there, WTF?!?" S.

Old September 23rd 04, 05:49 PM
Zoot Katz

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:32:55 GMT,
, "Bill Sornson"
weaselled:
\whack

Bill "he who tells little lies tells big ones, too" S.

Ain't that the truth.
--
zk
Old September 23rd 04, 06:11 PM
Bill Sornson

Zoot Katz weaseled (note correct spelling):
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:32:55 GMT,
, "Bill Sornson"
weaselled:
\whack

Bill "he who tells little lies tells big ones, too" S.

Ain't that the truth.

Haven't enough people told you to kiss their ass today, Zoot?

Bill "evidently not" S.

Old September 23rd 04, 08:07 PM
Muttley

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:55:33 GMT, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

You removed the significant part of the post I was responding to,
placed your own paragraph after the quote - a paragraph that made it
look as if I was refering to something _quite_ different to what I
was actually refering to.

I did not remove anything, liar. (I just re-read the thread to make sure.)
Maybe someone BEFORE that deleted some stuff, but I simply replied to your
post as was.

OK, You're correct. It wasn't you that removed stuff. What you did was ignore
what I was actually responding to, and precis the stuff that went before, then
sort of implied that I was refering to that. Which I'll accept was an honest
mistake (since I went right ahead and made a similar mistake myself).

I suggest we stop calling each other liars and dishonest.

It gets very hard to follow the ins and outs of a thread this size.

I was just trying to make a joke about the way Joe Public, in general, relies on
the idiot box and the politicos that appear on it to tell him what to think.

Old September 23rd 04, 10:31 PM
Bill Sornson

wrote:

[...]

Well thank you for that (your other post, too). FWIW I wasn't all that
serious, either, as I hardly thought you /literally/ thought the USA had
adopted a Soviet system. (Yet, at least I even commented that the
thread had been snipped.

I still think Rather and CBS *were* trying to, in effect, tell Joe Public
what to think -- dishonestly, at that -- and got caught red-handed. (Or,
Xerox-ink handed?)

Bill "working on keeping trap shut" S.

Old September 24th 04, 08:57 AM
Doug Evans

"Bill Sornson" wrote in message ...
Read it again, Doug (I've done it twice now). I DID NOT EDIT A THING.

Apologies. I had to read it again: twice!

I guess that some people around here need to get out on their bikes a bit more.

If I may use your idiom:

Doug "Why am I at my keyboard when I could be out on my bike" Evans

off road or on road tyre Skunk UK 14 July 21st 04 07:55 PM
Last Chance Road [email protected] Rides 2 June 3rd 04 03:01 AM
Last Chance Road [email protected] Rides 1 April 29th 04 02:38 AM
on road and off road Richard Goodman UK 15 December 16th 03 04:03 PM
Sierra Nevada - Tioga/Sonora Pass [email protected] Rides 1 November 3rd 03 07:52 AM