I M A X

Old August 9th 03, 12:00 AM
Callistus Valerius

Default I M A X

Just curious, will you be watching the IMAX that followed Tyler during
this years TDF, when it comes out? Would it be cool for a cyclist to watch
this, or uncool?

Old August 9th 03, 02:28 AM
Doug Taylor

"Callistus Valerius" wrote in message
Just curious, will you be watching the IMAX that followed Tyler during
this years TDF, when it comes out? Would it be cool for a cyclist to

watch
this, or uncool?

It's cool for anybody to get loaded and watch an IMAX film.

Old August 9th 03, 02:35 AM
Ken Papai

"Callistus Valerius" jazzyboss.net...
Just curious, will you be watching the IMAX that followed Tyler during
this years TDF, when it comes out? Would it be cool for a cyclist to

watch
this, or uncool?

What would be coolest would be the coolest Gods of RBR plan
an event in each continent upon the IMAX release and see it together.

We could ask Tyler to speak were it to premieire in N. America.

Cool?
Hell yeah!!

-Ken (Absolut Oranji and Ketel 1 Citron -- TGIFF!)

Old August 9th 03, 07:32 AM
Ignatz Q. Mouse

Ken Papai wrote:
"Callistus Valerius" jazzyboss.net...

Just curious, will you be watching the IMAX that followed Tyler during
this years TDF, when it comes out? Would it be cool for a cyclist to

watch

this, or uncool?

What would be coolest would be the coolest Gods of RBR plan
an event in each continent upon the IMAX release and see it together.

We could ask Tyler to speak were it to premieire in N. America.

Cool?
Hell yeah!!

-Ken (Absolut Oranji and Ketel 1 Citron -- TGIFF!)

Assuming IMAX films debut on the same day, which I do not believe they
do. Are there IMAX theatres outside the US/Canada? I've never heard of
them, but of course that doesn't mean they don't exist (possibly in some
Euro standard %-)

There's an IMAX about 1 mile from work, at the San Jose Tech Museum.
I'll be keeping an eye out for this feature, which should be when, about
2004 some time?

Lastly, considering TH's injury, it does seem a little macabre to be
following an injured guy around the TdF stages. Heroic, no doubt, but
considering the sound quality of these affairs, do we get to hear his
grunts of pain and gnashing of teeth? What about the body-double, did
he have to receive some coaching on riding, not just like the lactose,
sun, food, et al, are about to drive him over the edge, but he can't get
out of the saddle, etc. ("Now ride like you're Quasimodo, yeah, like
that...")

Old August 9th 03, 12:38 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On 09 Aug 2003 06:32:35 GMT, Ignatz Q. Mouse wrote:
Are there IMAX theatres outside the US/Canada? I've never heard of
them, but of course that doesn't mean they don't exist

Well we have one http://www.omniversum.nl/theater.html (dome/OMNIMAX).
Brussels has a standard IMAX theater, and most of the larger European
cities have.
Old August 9th 03, 12:43 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

Well we have one http://www.omniversum.nl/theater.html (dome/OMNIMAX).
Brussels has a standard IMAX theater, and most of the larger European
cities have.

There's one in London, one in Bradford, Bristol and Glasgow that I know of in
the UK.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~
Old August 9th 03, 12:54 PM
GregR

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 16:00:14 -0700, "Callistus Valerius"
wrote:

Just curious, will you be watching the IMAX that followed Tyler during
this years TDF, when it comes out? Would it be cool for a cyclist to watch
this, or uncool?

Depends, whether the movie is about cycling or will it just have 30
seconds of tour footage in a movie about the human leg.

It would be cool to see, but its dorky to have to ask whether its cool
or not.

Old August 9th 03, 03:48 PM
Poul Erik

wrote:

Assuming IMAX films debut on the same day, which I do not believe they
do. Are there IMAX theatres outside the US/Canada? I've never heard of
them, but of course that doesn't mean they don't exist (possibly in some
Euro standard %-)

We have one in Denmark (http://www.tycho.dk/).

The IMAX movie from Tour de France, will be about what happend in the
brain of a team/rider under a event as Tour de France, and the premier
will be late in 2004.

Poul Erik

--
== __o
Poul Erik Lindaa === _'\ _ E-mail:

Old August 10th 03, 06:58 AM
Richard Adams

wrote:

Just curious, will you be watching the IMAX that followed Tyler during
this years TDF, when it comes out? Would it be cool for a cyclist to watch
this, or uncool?

Depends, whether the movie is about cycling or will it just have 30
seconds of tour footage in a movie about the human leg.

It would be cool to see, but its dorky to have to ask whether its cool
or not.

I've only seen one film at an IMax (University of Chicago Science
Museum, IIRC) The Fires of Kuwait. All that was missing was the heat,
but I wonder how an IMax presentation relates to the TdF experience of a
rider. Seems more like the experience of a motorcycle camera man
(Virtual Graham Watson! Woo!) Still should be cool just for the better
view of the race than I can afford (sitting on a stool at the local pub,
competing with Soccer and Giants fans because I can't get OLN or Sat. TV
where I live :-(