Opinions on Gloves

Old September 24th 05, 06:13 PM
Charles B. Summers, HOF.

Default Opinions on Gloves

Guess I'll pick up another set of gloves since my cheapo K-Mart Bell gloves
have shredded, but I have no idea what to get. I was looking at the Pearl
Izumi Gel Lite gloves but heard alot of negative opinions on them. I know
that most opinions come from "unhappy campers", so I do take them with a
grain of salt.

What's y'all opinions on the differences between a full-fingered glove and a
half-fingered glove? I was thinking that with the cooler weather coming soon
(?) that I should buy a full-fingered glove now, then think about a
half-fingered next spring. Sounds logical...

What brands are you guys/gals satisfied with? I'm looking for comfort, and
durability, with costs in mind as well.

Thanks,
Charles

Old September 24th 05, 09:12 PM
MTBlood

" What brands are you guys/gals satisfied with? I'm looking for comfort,
and
durability, with costs in mind as well.

I wear the fox thermapaw in the winter. Summer I go commando, can stand how
restricted gloves make my hands feel....

Old September 25th 05, 05:48 PM
bomba

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:13:41 -0500, Charles B. Summers, HOF. wrote:

What's y'all opinions on the differences between a full-fingered glove and a
half-fingered glove? I was thinking that with the cooler weather coming soon
(?) that I should buy a full-fingered glove now, then think about a
half-fingered next spring. Sounds logical...

What brands are you guys/gals satisfied with? I'm looking for comfort, and
durability, with costs in mind as well.

I always tend to go with full fingered for riding off-road. Just too many
things to damage the pinkies. I've never had a problem with my hands
getting too hot.

As for brands, I'm generally not impressed with 661 - they just don't seem
to last that well. The Fox gloves I bought last year seem to be lacking in
the quality department too, but it's mainly bits that are glued on,
rather than stitching. I was looking at the new Specialized Body Geometry
gloves, but don't like the fact that the palms aren't stitched or
pre-curved which means they ruck up a bit when gripping the bar. My next
glove of choice comes recommended by my brother - Troy Lee's.

Old September 25th 05, 07:34 PM
Charles B. Summers, HOF.

If you've either got very small hands or very large hands... here's some for
$10.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/137...ger-Gloves.htm

"bomba" wrote in message
news
[...]

Holeproof full-finger gloves TonyMelton Unicycling 5 January 12th 05 02:04 AM
Riding gloves Diznei Unicycling 9 January 4th 05 03:20 AM
First review of my Electric Gloves dgk General 2 December 2nd 04 08:07 PM
Nobody uses electric gloves? dgk General 18 November 16th 04 01:09 AM
winter gloves follow up DH Recumbent Biking 20 December 23rd 03 09:56 AM