New here - Where to buy?

Old May 13th 05, 09:03 PM
Larry R. Wright

Default New here - Where to buy?

Hi folks,

I'm new here, though I have been lurking a while and lately it has been
pretty quiet as far as real discussions go. I am in the market for a
recumbent (or will be, once I can collect the fund$)...

I live in London, Ontario (that's in Canada). London is located about
halfway between Detroit, Michigan and Toronto. So far I have only seen one
shop in London that has recumbents and not many at that. Does anyone know
of any good shops in this vicinity? I know about the Bicycle Man in Alfred
Station, NY, but that's 4-5 hours away, so If you know any, let me know.
Thanks!

Larry
Old May 14th 05, 06:58 AM
GoAwayTroll GoAwayTroll is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry R. Wright
Hi folks,

I'm new here, though I have been lurking a while and lately it has been
pretty quiet as far as real discussions go. I am in the market for a
recumbent (or will be, once I can collect the fund$)...

I live in London, Ontario (that's in Canada). London is located about
halfway between Detroit, Michigan and Toronto. So far I have only seen one
shop in London that has recumbents and not many at that. Does anyone know
of any good shops in this vicinity? I know about the Bicycle Man in Alfred
Station, NY, but that's 4-5 hours away, so If you know any, let me know.
Thanks!

Larry
Larry,

It's a hike, but spend a day at the Bicycle Man who is knowledgeable and has a ton of bents to try. Test riding is one of the best things you can do in your decision.
Old May 14th 05, 06:11 PM
reclinedrelic

Larry R. Wright wrote:
[...]

I assume that you have visited First Cycleworks? Another recumbent
seller is Urbane Cycles (www.ucycle.com)in Toronto on John Street and
there is also Triketrails ( www.triketrails.com)in Whitby.

There will be a recumbent bike show during the London Bike Festival, on
Wednesday June 8 between 7:00 and 9:00 AM at the Covent Garden Market,
King and Talbot Streets. Expect to see several different recumbents
there including some homebuilt bikes. Monday June 6 there will be a
talk on building recumbent trikes at the Central Library, on Dundas
Street, from 7 to 9 PM.

Old May 15th 05, 02:40 AM
reclinedrelic

Larry

You might also want to consider a Wazabike. The builder is in
Hamilton.

http://wazabike.itgo.com

Old May 15th 05, 10:02 PM
Larry R. Wright

"reclinedrelic" wrote in

I assume that you have visited First Cycleworks? Another recumbent
seller is Urbane Cycles (www.ucycle.com)in Toronto on John Street and
there is also Triketrails ( www.triketrails.com)in Whitby.

There will be a recumbent bike show during the London Bike Festival, on
Wednesday June 8 between 7:00 and 9:00 AM at the Covent Garden Market,
King and Talbot Streets. Expect to see several different recumbents
there including some homebuilt bikes. Monday June 6 there will be a
talk on building recumbent trikes at the Central Library, on Dundas
Street, from 7 to 9 PM.

Thanks for the info. Yes I have been to First Cycleworks a few times.
They seem like a great bunch of people working there, however, their
selection is a little limitted. Hopefully I can make it out to the LBF.
Thanks for the heads up on that, and the other stores in TO and Whitby.

Larry
Old June 8th 05, 03:42 AM

It's a hike, but spend a day at the Bicycle Man who is knowledgeable
and has a ton of bents to try. Test riding is one of the best things
you can do in your decision.

Other than a bike you are going to occasionally putt around the
neighborhood on, you need to test ride 'bents if even briefly
to see how the major design elements, SWB/LWB/CLWB, ASS/USS,
M5/full mesh, tiller/linkage steering, 16"/20"/26"/700c feel to you.
Old June 11th 05, 02:35 AM
25hz

If you're in London, you must have come across the HPV group there as they
are very active. Contact these guys:
http://www.triketrails.com/
http://www.ucycle.com/
http://www.hptabrant.ca/