seat and backrest angle on Burley Traiko

Old June 13th 05, 06:18 AM
Harry Putnam

Default seat and backrest angle on Burley Traiko

Group,
Before I rearrange the geometry of the seat and backrest adjustments
on a Burley Traiko I thought I'd ask here if there is another piece of
equipment that will give me a more upright angle. I bought the bike
in California but am now in Gary Ind.

The current setup can be viewed he

www.jtan.com/~reader/burley

(Click the tiny thumbnails to see larger pics)

The problems are twofold.

1) the maximum upright adjustment on the back rest with rear adjust at
its highest and front at its lowest is still to laid back. Or so
it seems to me.
I constantly find myself with head pulled forward which eventually
leads to fatigue.

2) The seat adjustment is one of those sandwich type setups were you
tighten a bolt that holds a sloted piece of steel in one position.

But like most of that type, if the load becomes heavy enough the
locking bolt slips and lets the adjustment drop to its lowest
position. So when I hit bumps with my 225 lbs of blubber it
eventually slips to lowest end of slot.

Once there, as you can see in the full view shot, it encourages you to
slide forward and get in a uncomfortable position with too much butt
too far forward on the seat.

It needs a larger bolt and nut that can be torqued enough to lock it
or some other type adjustment altogether. Possibly one with several
through holes that can be lined up and pinned hard and fast. Similar
to those on the backrest

I am an expierenced welder and have equipment at home so I can alter
the setup so it gives a steeper upright postion. But if I can just
buy something that does that I'd prefer doing that.