Ullrich in breach of contract?

Old November 2nd 03, 12:03 PM
Jason Spaceman

Default Ullrich in breach of contract?

From the article:
-----------------------------------
Jacques Hanegraaf, manager of Team Bianchi, has confirmed that he and his
sponsor are pursuing legal action against Jan Ullrich, over his recent
transfer to T-Mobile ? and hinted that he is even hopeful of Ullrich
returning to his Italian-sponsored team.

"Jan Ullrich is in breach of his contract and that is why we have suspended
payments," Hanegraaf told procycling this afternoon (Thursday). While
Hanegraaf refused to specify the exact date on which Ullrich?s salary was
stopped he confirmed that it referred to the post-Tour de France period.
-----------------------------------

The rest at http://www.procycling.com/news_main.asp?newsId=4759

J. Spaceman

Old November 2nd 03, 01:17 PM
B. Lafferty

It's very doubtful that Ullrich is in breach of his Bianchi contract. It
was a one year contract and he had contracted to return to T----Mobile after
the Bianchi contract expires. To my knowledge he hasn't appeared in
T---Mobile kit which would be a breach of his Bianchi contract. Assuming he
has/is performing otherwise within the requirements of the Bianchi contract,
he isn't in breach. IMO, Bianchi seems to be spitting sour grapes into the
air.

"Jason Spaceman" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
From the article:
-----------------------------------

Old November 2nd 03, 06:27 PM
Fred Marx

B. Lafferty wrote:
It's very doubtful that Ullrich is in breach of his Bianchi contract. It
was a one year contract and he had contracted to return to T----Mobile after
the Bianchi contract expires. To my knowledge he hasn't appeared in
T---Mobile kit which would be a breach of his Bianchi contract. Assuming he
has/is performing otherwise within the requirements of the Bianchi contract,
he isn't in breach. IMO, Bianchi seems to be spitting sour grapes into the
air.

Although I believe I've read that he's raced in Khazakstan with vino and
was I believe "presented" to the community by T-Mob prior to the end of
his Bianchi contract which is supposed to run till the end of Dec.... or
so I've read from articles at velones.com and cyclingnews.com.... So
while some of this is sourgrapes, some of it is also not exactly
according to Hoyle either.

Old November 2nd 03, 06:48 PM
B. Lafferty

"Fred Marx" wrote in message

B. Lafferty wrote:
[...]

From what I've read, he has not appeared in anything but Bianchi team kit
for races or publicity. Apparently, it's a faily standard contract clause.
It's not as though he's the first guy with a one year contract to move to a
different team.
And why hasn't he been paid since August??

Old November 2nd 03, 09:30 PM
Torben Rucker

"B. Lafferty" wrote:

It's very doubtful that Ullrich is in breach of his Bianchi contract. It
was a one year contract and he had contracted to return to T----Mobile after
the Bianchi contract expires. To my knowledge he hasn't appeared in
T---Mobile kit which would be a breach of his Bianchi contract. Assuming he
has/is performing otherwise within the requirements of the Bianchi contract,
he isn't in breach. IMO, Bianchi seems to be spitting sour grapes into the
air.

Ullrich at the T-Mobile press conference:

http://tinyurl.com/td5h

Ullrich in Kazachstan (mid october):

http://tinyurl.com/td5n

Bye,
Torben
Old November 3rd 03, 12:40 AM
B. Lafferty

"Torben Rucker" wrote in message

"B. Lafferty" wrote:

It's very doubtful that Ullrich is in breach of his Bianchi contract.

It
was a one year contract and he had contracted to return to T----Mobile

after
the Bianchi contract expires. To my knowledge he hasn't appeared in
T---Mobile kit which would be a breach of his Bianchi contract.

Assuming he
has/is performing otherwise within the requirements of the Bianchi

contract,
he isn't in breach. IMO, Bianchi seems to be spitting sour grapes into

the
air.

Ullrich at the T-Mobile press conference:

http://tinyurl.com/td5h

Ullrich in Kazachstan (mid october):

http://tinyurl.com/td5n

Bye,
Torben

A press conference wearing a suit may not be a breach, but it could be
depending on contract worrding. Combine that with this report in CN noting
that Jan is on the Telecom we site and he Bianchi has good reason to be
****ed even if might not be correct legally. I don't think Telekom will let
Jan starve until January. Then again, perhaps they'll let him starve enough
to not be able to afford the sweets.

Jan Ullrich has recommenced cycling training after a short break at the end
of the season. The Swiss-based German has been riding near his home in
Scherzingen in the company of his current and future teammates Tobias
Steinhauser, André Korff and Andreas Klöden. "First of all I will train
around the area of Lake Constance," said Ullrich on Telekom's website. "I
want to slowly build the momentum there. At the beginning we will ride about
100 kilometres or so a day, in addition to some gymnastics and some work in
the weight room."

Old November 3rd 03, 02:11 AM
warren

In article . net, B.
Lafferty wrote:
said Ullrich on Telekom's website...At the beginning we will ride about
100 kilometres or so a day, in addition to some gymnastics and some work in
the weight room."

Interesting.

-WG
Old November 3rd 03, 09:29 AM
Kyle Legate

B. Lafferty wrote:
It's very doubtful that Ullrich is in breach of his Bianchi contract.
It was a one year contract and he had contracted to return to
T----Mobile after the Bianchi contract expires. To my knowledge he
hasn't appeared in T---Mobile kit which would be a breach of his
Bianchi contract. Assuming he has/is performing otherwise within the
requirements of the Bianchi contract, he isn't in breach. IMO,
Bianchi seems to be spitting sour grapes into the air.

According to cyclingnews.com, Ullrich hasn't been paid since August. As far
as I'm concerned this constitutes a violation of the contract by Bianchi and
Ullrich can consider it null and void.

Old November 3rd 03, 09:39 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

"Kyle Legate" wrote in message
s.com...
B. Lafferty wrote:
It's very doubtful that Ullrich is in breach of his Bianchi contract.
It was a one year contract and he had contracted to return to
T----Mobile after the Bianchi contract expires. To my knowledge he
hasn't appeared in T---Mobile kit which would be a breach of his
Bianchi contract. Assuming he has/is performing otherwise within the
requirements of the Bianchi contract, he isn't in breach. IMO,
Bianchi seems to be spitting sour grapes into the air.

According to cyclingnews.com, Ullrich hasn't been paid since August. As far
as I'm concerned this constitutes a violation of the contract by Bianchi

and
Ullrich can consider it null and void.

Dumbass -

Ya, that's really going to do Ullrich a lot of good.

Old November 3rd 03, 02:05 PM
B. Lafferty

B. Lafferty wrote:
It's very doubtful that Ullrich is in breach of his Bianchi contract.
It was a one year contract and he had contracted to return to
T----Mobile after the Bianchi contract expires. To my knowledge he
hasn't appeared in T---Mobile kit which would be a breach of his
Bianchi contract. Assuming he has/is performing otherwise within the
requirements of the Bianchi contract, he isn't in breach. IMO,
Bianchi seems to be spitting sour grapes into the air.

According to cyclingnews.com, Ullrich hasn't been paid since August. As

far
as I'm concerned this constitutes a violation of the contract by Bianchi

and
Ullrich can consider it null and void.

A legal argument might work something like this from Ullrich's viewpoint.

Bianchi is in breach for failure to pay contracted wages. They owe salary
in the amount of "X." To mitigate my damages, I not only found new
employment for the period after the Bianchi contract expires, but began
working for Telecom prior to the January, 2004 Bianch contract expiration in
order to have money to live. Bianchi owes me the difference between "X" and
what Telecom has paid me, "Y." This assumes there is no liquidated damages
clause in the Bianch contract.