2001 klein attitude comp (uk resident)

Old October 7th 03, 02:13 PM
Andy wilson

Default 2001 klein attitude comp (uk resident)

Hope you can help,

I have seen a 2001 model klein attitude comp for sale in my local bike
shop.(scotland)
It is in immaculate condition and has the additions of hayes hydraulic
disk brakes, rolf dolomite rims and an x-lite x country 6000 cold
drawn?? alloy riser bar.
This is a trade in bike and is advertised at £800 UK, it looks as
though the original owner has hardly ridden it at all!!. Is this a
fair price for this bike, i am asking as i have been riding my 1991
stumpjumper since i got it new and now feel it is time for a
replacement, and am not "UP" On the price of recent bikes new or
second hand.

Thanks
Andy.........
Old October 9th 03, 06:59 AM
B. Sanders

"Andy wilson" wrote in message
om...
Hope you can help,

I have seen a 2001 model klein attitude comp for sale in my local bike
shop.(scotland)
It is in immaculate condition and has the additions of hayes hydraulic
disk brakes, rolf dolomite rims and an x-lite x country 6000 cold
drawn?? alloy riser bar.
This is a trade in bike and is advertised at £800 UK, it looks as
though the original owner has hardly ridden it at all!!. Is this a
fair price for this bike, i am asking as i have been riding my 1991
stumpjumper since i got it new and now feel it is time for a
replacement, and am not "UP" On the price of recent bikes new or
second hand.

Andy, I honestly don't know exact prices in the UK. From what I've seen,
US-made bikes are a bit more expensive there. The disc-equipped Attitude
Comp probably sold for over $2,000 in the US. My very rough estimate of the
new price in the UK would be £1.600, or about twice the asking price. Since
the 2001 Attitude Comp was made in the Klein factory in Washington, it
should be considered more valuable than the current Trek-made Kleins, which
sell for a lot less than they used to when Klein built them himself.

If it's perfect, and if the shop will stand behind it, I say go for it. You
won't find a better hardtail frame anywhere. Kleins are some of the most
perfectly engineered aluminum hardtails ever made. The chainstays are an
engineering marvel. I have a 2001 Attitude Race in Aztec Gold (gorgeous
paint job), and I love it. They're beautiful bikes that get lots of
attention. They're also thief magnets, as I found out a few years ago...so
keep 'er locked up.

Post some photos of your new steed if you end up buying it.

-Barry