Skinny runt cyclist attacks woman driver in Surrey

Old March 14th 13, 08:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default Skinny runt cyclist attacks woman driver in Surrey

Why does cycling make riders so aggressive?
Another assault that might not have happened if cycles had registration
numbers.
http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/21...mum_out_of_car

Old March 14th 13, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 14/03/2013 08:02, Mrcheerful wrote:

Why does cycling make riders so aggressive?
Another assault that might not have happened if cycles had registration
numbers.
http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/21...mum_out_of_car

QUOTE:
....Balcombe Road, Horley ...
Officers have urged anyone who saw the assault or recognises the
offender's description to call 101 quoting reference RB/13/1799.
He was described as white, aged in his mid 40s, with blond to brown hair
and a goatee-style beard.
He was around 5ft 10in tall, of skinny build, and was wearing black
cycling shorts, a bright yellow vest and a white cycle helmet. The man
was riding a red and black racer bike with white wheels.
ENDQUOTE

Someone in that area must recognise the description.

Let's hope he's caught before he is further emboldened and attacks more
women or children - for whatever imaginary reason he had - he's
obviously seriously unhinged.

Mind you, he might be stupid enough to have recorded the incident and
put it on Youtube. Plenty of others are.

Old March 14th 13, 09:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
Why does cycling make riders so aggressive?
Another assault that might not have happened if cycles had registration
numbers.
http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/21...mum_out_of_car

It was a psycholist. You can tell by the way he was dressed and his violent
behaviour. Disgusting.

Also the goatee-style beard.

Old March 14th 13, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

"JNugent" wrote in message ...

[...]

He obviously feels inferior (quite rightly, too).
I wonder why it always seems to be women and children they attack?
I suppose one good thing about it is that it's not one of the resident
psycholists on this group - he was wearing a helmet.

Old March 14th 13, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/21...ed_school_run_...

It was a psycholist. *You can tell by the way he was dressed and his violent
behaviour. *Disgusting.

Also the goatee-style beard.

Doubtless correct, but, as we so often read in this group, we only
have one side of this story at the moment. As we are so often
reminded, the motorist must have done something to provoke this
attack, shirley. Stands to reason.
Old March 14th 13, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nik.morgan[_2_]

"Partac" wrote:
"JNugent" wrote in message ...

[...]

That wasn't a helmet it was a compo cam mounting.
School run, in the morning, odds on he was commuting, shouldn't be too hard
to catch, if only we had a police force.
--
ennemm
Old March 14th 13, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Mar 14, 8:57*am, JNugent wrote:
[...]

If the motorist has recorded the incident, doubtless it will be
conveniently blank before the assault, as we are often reminded.
Old March 14th 13, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nik.morgan[_2_]

Squashme wrote:
[...]

Where does it say the motorist was recording the incident?
--
ennemm
Old March 14th 13, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 14/03/2013 10:04, Squashme wrote:
On Mar 14, 9:18 am, "John Benn" wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message

Why does cycling make riders so aggressive?
Another assault that might not have happened if cycles had registration
numbers.
http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/21...ed_school_run_...

It was a psycholist. You can tell by the way he was dressed and his violent
behaviour. Disgusting.

Also the goatee-style beard.

Doubtless correct, but, as we so often read in this group, we only
have one side of this story at the moment. As we are so often
reminded, the motorist must have done something to provoke this
attack, shirley. Stands to reason.

You're right: she must have provoked him.

Probably by daring to drive her children to school in that very symbol
of the hated capitalist class, a 4x4. What more excuse would he need?

The bit that puzzles me is why he fled. After all, you'd expect him to
be proud of what he did.
Old March 14th 13, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Mar 14, 10:38*am, JNugent wrote:
[...]

He might be, but the chances of a fair trial in Surrey ... ?