dznuts is kinda gross (testicular atrophy)

Old October 2nd 08, 03:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
niles york

Default dznuts is kinda gross (testicular atrophy)

E-mail sent to DZ Laboratories, LLC customer service about dznuts. They
never replied, so I'm posting this here for everyone to do their own
research on the product and reach their own conclusions.

Looking up their ingredients via Google, the words "testicular atrophy"
(Phenoxyethanol) got my attention.

----------------------------------

I recently researched your product before deciding not to purchase, and
I have some concerns regarding claims made on your web site and some of
the ingredients used in your product that are potentially harmful. I'm
interested in a response that clarifies and explains these issues.

Here is the list of issues I came across that I would like to bring to
your attention:

DZ Laboratories, LLC (referred to as COMPANY) makes claims regarding
their product "dznuts" (referred to as PRODUCT) on the web site
"http://www.dz-nuts.com/" that are either false or substantially
misleading. In addition, some of the ingredients in PRODUCT have been
identified as potentially harmful or posing health concerns.

I. Claim: ingredient "Paraffin" listed by COMPANY as one of the
"INGREDIENTS WE WILL NEVER USE" in PRODUCT
COMPANY lists paraffin as one of the "INGREDIENTS WE WILL NEVER USE"
yet PRODUCT contains a large amount of petroleum-derived paraffin. The
3rd ingredient in PRODUCT is Ozokerite, which is a petroleum-derived
paraffin. Ozokerite or ozocerite (Gr. oze, stench, and kero, wax), is a
naturally-occurring petroleum derived odoriferous mineral wax or
paraffin. Ozokerite is a petroleum derivative like petrolatum and
mineral oil (paraffinic oil).

II. Claim: ingredients used in PRODUCT are "PLANT-DERIVED NATURAL INGREDIENTS"
The claim that the ingredients used in PRODUCT are "PLANT-DERIVED
NATURAL INGREDIENTS" is false and misleading. Not all of the
ingredients listed by COMPANY as being used in PRODUCT are plant
derived.

III. Claim regarding use of "Fair Trade Ingredients whenever possible"
Claim by COMPANY regarding the use of "Fair Trade Ingredients whenever
possible" in PRODUCT is vague, unsubstantiated, misleading, and
potentially false. COMPANY is encouraged to provide proof of any
fair-trade certification for the ingredients used in PRODUCT, and a
percentage of fair-trade ingredients by total volume or weight.

IV. Claims regarding "organic", "natural" ingredients, and "Only the
Finest Ingredients for Your Goods" used in PRODUCT
The claims of "organic sources whenever possible", "natural as
possible", and "Only the Finest Ingredients for Your Goods" are vague,
unsubstantiated, misleading, and potentially false. COMPANY is
encouraged to elaborate on or substantiate these claims.

V. Potentially harmful ingredients posing health concerns
There are health concerns regarding the following potentially harmful
ingredients used by COMPANY in PRODUCT:
1. Phenoxyethanol - a preservative, also classified as an irritant, it
can depress the central nervous system and may cause vomiting and
diarrhea. Recognized as a neurotoxin, animal studies show sense organ
effects at very low doses. The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency)
data sheets show chromosomal changes and genetic mutation effects in
testing as well as testicular atrophy and interference with
reproductivity in mice.
2. Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate - used for lightening skin, it reduces the
skin's ability to produce melanin. Melanin protects skin against
against sunburn.
3. Ethylhexylglycerin - known skin irritant, can possibly damage and
irritate eyes, and is known to cause dermatitis

Old October 2nd 08, 05:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Oct 1, 10:14*pm, niles york wrote:
E-mail sent to DZ Laboratories, LLC customer service about dznuts. They
never replied, so I'm posting this here for everyone to do their own
research on the product and reach their own conclusions.

Looking up their ingredients via Google, the words "testicular atrophy"
(Phenoxyethanol) got my attention.

dumbass,

one mystery solved :

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...a1f4adb09d 41
Old October 3rd 08, 12:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ted van de Weteringe

niles york wrote:
E-mail sent to DZ Laboratories, LLC customer service about dznuts.

Thank you for bringing my attention to this. I had no idea. It led me to
http://www.fatcyclist.com/2008/08/05...briskies-nuts/
which was a funny read.

2. Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate - used for lightening skin, it reduces the
skin's ability to produce melanin. Melanin protects skin against against
sunburn.

Dude, you're afraid of sunburn on _that_ area?
Old October 3rd 08, 12:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ted van de Weteringe

Ted van de Weteringe wrote:
Thank you for bringing my attention to this.

Or the other way around.