Cracked KH handle from road UPD

Old March 17th 07, 05:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
slugbath

Default Cracked KH handle from road UPD

I have a new KH 2007 Freeride saddle that I have used only a few times
since I bought it from Darren last fall. Near the end of my 29er ride
tonight, I had a lovely, inexplicable sliding UPD onto my knees and
hands*. No worries, I thought, until I picked up what I thought was a
piece of my light off of the road. It was a sharp chunk of handle!
Two chunks of the ribbed handle had shattered off, leaving a jagged
edge. Upon closer inspection under a streetlight, the handle was split
completely in half down the middle.

I know that folks used to rip off their handles when putting pressure
on them in muni and trials, but it seems bizarre that a handle should
crack from a relatively gentle one-time impact with the ground. Is
this common for ribbed KH handles? Or perhaps there was a defect in the
plastic? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
andrea

* Why is there always, ALWAYS someone there to witness your one bail in
ages? Despite it being a pretty casual ride, I was wearing my overkill
Harbringers and kneepads, so no skin was donated to the asphalt (I
occasionally UPD at the most unlikely times and I have to save my
joints for...well, everything else).

|Filename: DSCN2563.jpg |

slugbath
slugbath's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/432

Old March 17th 07, 06:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

i shattered my handle earlier this winter, got a replacement for $10

--
saskatchewanian

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who
is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
saskatchewanian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14180

Old March 17th 07, 06:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

There was a bad batch of some of the newer saddles. The one I got from
Darren shattered like that (back bumper though) two or so weeks after
getting it and he replaced it for free. You could try and get it
replaced but I'm not sure if it's too late for you or not.

--
Brian O.

'ProjectUNI' (http://www.otherworldsociety.org/projectuni) - The
Unicyclist PC Game - In Early Development.

Old March 17th 07, 08:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brendan

kris holm admited there was a defect in some of the handles in the new
07 saddles. You probably got unlucky. Try get a replacement with your
warranty, cause it defo shouldnt have done that.

--
brendan
brendan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13680

Old March 17th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skianduniaddict

brendan wrote:
kris holm admited there was a defect in some of the handles in the new
07 saddles. You probably got unlucky. Try get a replacement with your
warranty, cause it defo shouldnt have done that.

ya mine broke on my 29 07

--
skianduniaddict

unifreak7 wrote:
IT makes me mad how skianduniaddict is so much better than me at
street.
-Shaun JOhanneson

unifreak7 wrote:
skianduniaddict kicks my ass at street
-Shaun JOhanneson

skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868

Old March 17th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onelesscar

mine broke too on a road ride like yours...but I got mine from UDC, and
they replaced it free.

--
onelesscar

"my bounty is as boundless as the sea
my love as deep
the more i give to thee the more i have
for both are endless"
onelesscar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11127

Cracked KH handle from road UPD iridemymuni Unicycling 0 March 17th 07 06:01 AM
cracked rim jim beam Techniques 81 December 1st 06 04:03 AM
FA: Easton EA70 Road Handle bars handlebars 31.8 42 cm 44 Phatykoko Marketplace 0 May 17th 05 05:40 AM
Cracked nut soup Techniques 16 May 15th 05 05:37 PM
widest handle bars made for a road bike ? CLKarr Techniques 6 October 8th 04 02:06 AM