reminder - it's all a sham

Old November 19th 04, 11:48 PM
Tom Kunich

"Bill Laudien" wrote in message
om...

* The Federation runs a trade team. The Fed is dependant on the USOC
and the trade team sponsor for funding. The athlete in question was a
favorite for the Olympic team.
* The athletes reduction in suspension enabled her to compete in the
Olympic trials.
* The CEO of USAC testified on behalf of an athlete who tested
positive
* With doping being perhaps the greatest issue in cycling today, the
CEO testified that the federation hadn't done it's due dilligence and
was somewhat unaware of the potential for suppliment contamination.

While I think that Gerard has done a marketly better job than his
predicessors and i think that USAC is doing a generally good job, this
incident as well as the feds ingnoring the Ted Stevens Act as well as
the situation with Och and Phonak as well as having Mike Fraysee as
fed rep, as well as...insert your own example...shows me a general
disregard for the adherance to for rules and a lack of seriousness
regarding doping.

I don't think we need to see Neben's test to determine that and
Fuentes being permitted to serve his suspension retroactively doesn't
surprise me.

Bill, what if you looked at the actual data and it demonstrated that the
levels of nandralone in her body fit her claim that it was a contaminant and
not use of a steroid?

Yes, drugs are a problem but if you throw the baby out with the bathwater
you're worse off than if you ignore the problem.

Old November 21st 04, 01:30 AM
Tom Kunich

From: "Tom Kunich"

Bill, what if you looked at the actual data and it demonstrated that the
levels of nandralone in her body fit her claim that it was a contaminant
and
not use of a steroid?

Tom, The only thing is who else got cut slack for maybe having taken
contaminated supplements. Not Moninger that's for sure. I've got to agree
with
Bill on this one that there's definitely some sketchy, I think politically
motivated, stuff is going on. Again not as bad as it used to be but I'm
pretty
disgusted at this point. Looks like a lot of the old guard who were in the
middle of a lot of the nasty stuff are are showing that nothing has really
changed and they still have the power. Regionally and nationally. Until
someone, or a group of people with lots of cash decided that they've had
enough
we're stuck with it.

I'm not so sure. I think that a lot of people figured that Scott got a
really raw deal. But in this case they had back up drug tests that could
indicate what sort of maximum levels COULD have been in the body at the time
of the positive.

The big question is: how do you make it fair to everyone? I think that you
probably can't and that there will ALWAYS be suspicions no matter how honest
and innocent the judges are.

But here's a start - let's assume that the powers that be are actually doing
their jobs and taking it serious inless we have some sort of counter
evidence.

Old November 21st 04, 01:30 AM
Tom Kunich