Saw a good one this morning ...

Old April 5th 07, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Default Saw a good one this morning ...

I'm a caretaker at two schools on one site, currently they're on holiday and
there's a playgroup operating out of one school outbuilding, which is
accessed from the other school. So if someone lives near one school they
have to walk all the way round the first school grounds (all pedestrian
gates are locked) come in via the second school and cross the playgrounds.

Young girl on small pink 'girlie' bike, no older than 10, cycling happily
along footpath round school, mum following ... in the bloody car!

I thought I'd seen most things but jeez ...

--
Paul - xxx

Old April 5th 07, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick Kew

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 09:24:28 +0100
"Paul - xxx" wrote:

Young girl on small pink 'girlie' bike, no older than 10, cycling
happily along footpath round school, mum following ... in the bloody
car!

I thought I'd seen most things but jeez ...

Hmmm ...

I bought a (small, clapped out) motorbike on my 17th birthday.
My dad (having concluded that he couldn't stop me) insisted on
coming with me to the shop, and driving the three miles home
behind me.

--
not me guv
Old April 5th 07, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Richard Bates

Paul - xxx wrote:

Young girl on small pink 'girlie' bike, no older than 10, cycling happily
along footpath round school, mum following ... in the bloody car!

I thought I'd seen most things but jeez ...

My local paper boy delivers by bike, with dad following in the car.

Dad, just give him the petrol money, tell him to give up the paper round
and take your son for a game of footie in the park!

Old April 5th 07, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
vernon

"Richard Bates" wrote in
message ...
Paul - xxx wrote:

Young girl on small pink 'girlie' bike, no older than 10, cycling happily
along footpath round school, mum following ... in the bloody car!

I thought I'd seen most things but jeez ...

My local paper boy delivers by bike, with dad following in the car.

Dad, just give him the petrol money, tell him to give up the paper round
and take your son for a game of footie in the park!

Many years ago on a daily basis, I used to a motorist stop at the gates of
a park, get his dog out of the car, push the dog into the park then drive to
the gate at the other end while the dog ran through the park to the other
gate where its owner opened the passenger door, the dog leapt in and the car
drove off. Now that's lazy!

Old April 5th 07, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
POHB

On 5 Apr, 09:24, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
Young girl on small pink 'girlie' bike, no older than 10, cycling happily
along footpath round school, mum following ... in the bloody car!

I thought I'd seen most things but jeez ...

Maybe she'd learned about cycling from watching Tour de France on the
telly? Did she have a couple of spare bikes on the roof?

Old April 5th 07, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman[_2_]

"vernon" wrote in message
Many years ago on a daily basis, I used to a motorist stop at the gates
of a park, get his dog out of the car, push the dog into the park then
drive to the gate at the other end while the dog ran through the park to
the other gate where its owner opened the passenger door, the dog leapt in
and the car drove off. Now that's lazy!

I feel lazy for cycling the quarter of a mile there and back rather than
walking.

It's better than the folks around here who drive the the leisure centre, do
15 minutes in there then come out smoking like a chimney and drive home!

--
peter

Cheap train tickets database
http://www.petereverett.co.uk/tickets/

Email sent to this address is generally deleted upon arrival
Visit website if you want to contact me

Old April 5th 07, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doki

"Richard Bates" wrote in
message ...
Paul - xxx wrote:

Young girl on small pink 'girlie' bike, no older than 10, cycling happily
along footpath round school, mum following ... in the bloody car!

I thought I'd seen most things but jeez ...

My local paper boy delivers by bike, with dad following in the car.

Dad, just give him the petrol money, tell him to give up the paper round
and take your son for a game of footie in the park!

A kid I went to school was driven round his paper round every morning in his
Dad's SAAB.

Old April 5th 07, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony B

Richard Bates wrote:

My local paper boy delivers by bike, with dad following in the car.

That is truly sad. Maybe Dad better stop reading the "Daily Whatever",
cos one day he's going to HAVE to let go.... maybe a few years off the
nipple of media fear inducement will ease the transition.

bfn,

Tony B

Old April 5th 07, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony B

Paul - xxx wrote:

I thought I'd seen most things but jeez ...

Me and the boy have just returned from visiting his mates house; mum
answered the door and was gobsmacked that we had WALKED for ten minutes
to get there...

Tony B
Old April 5th 07, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Tony B waffled thusly
Paul - xxx wrote:

I thought I'd seen most things but jeez ...

Me and the boy have just returned from visiting his mates house; mum
answered the door and was gobsmacked that we had WALKED for ten
minutes to get there...

Heh, we have that with youngest sons best friend. They're 11/12 and live
about 1/4 mile away. We invariably walk, whatever the weather, to
deliver/collect him. When his mate comes here they come in the car .. an
Audi A8, beautiful thing, but just a bit ostentatious for 1/4 mile.

--
Paul - xxx