Stem: Shimming 31.8 To Fit 25.4?

Old June 16th 10, 01:19 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
(PeteCresswell)

Default Stem: Shimming 31.8 To Fit 25.4?

Anybody doing this?

Does it work?

Seems tb a plethora of stems in the size I'm seeking (zero rise,
35mm length) with 31.8 clamp sizes, but not many in 25.4.
--
PeteCresswell
Old June 20th 10, 05:06 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Norman

On Jun 15, 8:19*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Anybody doing this?

Does it work?

Seems tb a plethora of stems in the size I'm seeking (zero rise,
35mm length) with 31.8 clamp sizes, but not many in 25.4.

Beer can shims under the bar clamp haven't
failed for me* & little chunks of nylon clampt
in the suspension of a 1967 C-10 last myriads
of miles.

If it has to be in a can I have a preference for
Tecate or Hamms.

Also: festive colours!

*lots of rain riding can cause a grey paste to
exude from the clamp area though. I don't know
if dis-assembling, drinking a can of ****ty beer,
and re-shim-ming every year or so is too much
work.

BB shimming Adam Spees Techniques 3 June 7th 10 03:46 PM
FS: Deda Newton stem, Thomson stem and Northwave Evolution teamsuperfan Marketplace 2 November 6th 06 02:46 AM
wtb: 6-spd DT/stem shimano shifters, nice alloy mtn hbar/stem for SMALL mountain bike [email protected] Marketplace 1 March 29th 05 10:20 PM
ITM 110m stem with Bianchi panto - nice classic stem marco007esq Marketplace 1 January 27th 05 10:11 PM
FA: Salsa stem, Cinelli stem, Shimano 165mm cranks Dave Marketplace 1 March 5th 04 11:46 PM