Golden oldies - from '00 Outside mag Lance art.

Old October 22nd 03, 07:02 PM
Badger South

Default Golden oldies - from '00 Outside mag Lance art.

Was reading through a back copy of Outside magazine, May 2000,
and about some of his training. His coach, as some may recall
was using cadence trials and also installed a bike computer
that measured 'watts', citing that it's a better indicator of
training intensity than speed (due to wind, etc.). In addition
he used the HRM to judge the cadence vs time vs heart rate to
help determine the best cadence.

The article does warn that changing your cadence to improve
time is akin to trying to change your natural stride length in
running.

Interestingly I found some of the article online, so for those
who may not know of (partial) issues of Outside Mag online:

http://outside.away.com/magazine/200...0005bike5.html

....here's a link.

Also interesting in a related article on Q&A, ask the bike
expert, I found this:

http://outside.away.com/bodywork/mrfit/index.html

....on setting up and interpreting your HRM.

Hope this is of interest.

-B

--
Email Replies to johnsonnospm01j att ntelos dott net
Old October 27th 03, 07:10 PM
RU

Actually, the whole article is there. Start with
http://outside.away.com/magazine/200...0005bike2.html : click on 'Next
Page' at bottom of each page.

Old October 27th 03, 08:13 PM
Badger South

In article ,
RU wrote:
Actually, the whole article is there. Start with
http://outside.away.com/magazine/200...0005bike2.html : click on 'Next
Page' at bottom of each page.

Interestingly I found some of the article online, so for those
who may not know of (partial) issues of Outside Mag online:

http://outside.away.com/magazine/200...0005bike5.html

Cool. Coulda figured that out, I guess (doh) from the
'...bike2...', but thanks. I'm usually pretty savvy about
searching back up stream, but missed that obvious one. ;-)

I so love my "Outside Mags" it's painful to toss 'em. Nice to
know some of 'em are available on line.

-B

--
Email Replies to johnsonnospm01j att ntelos dott net