A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Racing
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Giro d'Italia, stage 14 summary



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 23rd 09, 06:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,424
Default Giro d'Italia, stage 14 summary


Stage 14 - Saturday, May 23: Campi Bisenzio - Bologna (San Luca), 172km

First 10 finishers :

1 Simon Gerrans (Aus) Cervelo Test Team 4.16.48 (40.186 km/h)
2 Rubens Bertogliati (Swi) Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni-Androni Giocattoli 0.12
3 Francesco Gavazzi (Ita) Lampre - N.G.C. 0.18
4 Evgeny Petrov (Rus) Team Katusha 0.24
5 Philip Deignan (Irl) Cervelo Test Team 0.27
6 Christopher Froome (GBr) Barloworld 0.36
7 Vasili Kiryienka (Blr) Caisse d'Epargne 0.41
8 Francesco Reda (Ita) Quick Step 1.01
9 Andriy Grivko (Ukr) ISD 1.04
10 Franco Pellizotti (Ita) Liquigas


Changes in stage 14 compared to stage 13 :

Biggest gainers by position :
+31 Francesco Reda
+27 Delio Ferandez
+20 Jeremy Hunt
+15 Sebastien Hinault
+14 Ted King
+13 Bartosz Huzarski
+12 Paolo Longo Borghini
+11 Vladimir Isaichev
+11 Olivier Kaisen
+11 Ignatas Konovalovas

Biggest losers by position :
-23 Eros Capecchi
-13 Edvald Boasson Hagen
-12 Angel Gomez
-12 Ben Swift
-12 Gabriele Bosisio
-12 Jonas Ljungblad
-11 Alexander Serov
-11 Bradley Wiggins
-11 Hector Gonzalez
-11 Ricardo Serrano
-10 Alessandro Petacchi

Biggest gainers by time :
+1:24 Simon Gerrans
+1:04 Rubens Bertogliati
+0:54 Francesco Gavazzi
+0:40 Evgeny Petrov
+0:39 Philip Deignan
+0:29 Vasili Kiryienka
+0:28 Christopher Froome
+0:03 Francesco Reda

Biggest losers by time :
-24:40 Eros Capecchi
-18:28 Davide Vigano
-18:28 Jos Van Emden
-18:28 Leonardo Scarselli
-18:28 Ricardo Serrano
-18:28 Said Haddou
-18:28 Yohann Gene
-17:12 Ian Stannard
-16:41 Mikhail Ignatiev
-15:58 Julian Dean
-15:48 Alberto Fernandez

Favourites by position :
+2 Stefano Garzelli
+1 Ivan Basso
+1 Damiano Cunego
-1 Thomas Lovkvist
-1 Michael Rogers
-2 Lance Armstrong

Favourites by time :
-0:03 Levi Leipheimer
-0:03 Ivan Basso
-0:06 Michael Rogers
-0:25 Damiano Cunego
-0:33 Thomas Lovkvist
-0:39 Gilberto Simoni
-0:54 Lance Armstrong
-2:15 Jens Voigt

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Denis Menchov 58.33.53
2 Danilo Di Luca 0.34
3 Levi Leipheimer 0.43
4 Franco Pellizotti 2.00
5 Carlos Sastre 2.52
6 Ivan Basso 3.03
7 Michael Rogers 3.05
8 Gilberto Simoni 5.17
9 Marzio Bruseghin 5.26
.....
11 Thomas Lovkvist 6.26
.....
13 Stefano Garzelli 7.15
14 Lance Armstrong 7.28
.....
17 Damiano Cunego 8.43
.....
53 Jens Voigt 45.09

Retirements to date : Stage
Cameron Meyer (Aus) Garmin - Slipstream 14
Filippo Pozzato (Ita) Team Katusha 14
Jelle Vanendert (Bel) Silence-Lotto 14
Mark Cavendish (GBr) Team Columbia - Highroad 14
Mark Renshaw (Aus) Team Columbia - Highroad 14
Steve Chainel (Fra) BBox Bouygues Telecom 14
Fabian Cancellara (Swi) Team Saxo Bank 12
Christopher Horner (USA) Astana 11
Joaquin Rodriguez (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne 11
Ronny Scholz (Ger) Team Milram 10
Julien Loubet (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 8
Pedro Horrillo (Spa) Rabobank 8
Ruslan Pidgornyy (Ukr) ISD 8
Jesus Del Nero (Spa) Fuji-Servetto 7
David Garcia Da Pena (Spa) Xacobeo Galicia 5
Francisco Perez Sanchez (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne 4
Christian Vande Velde (USA) Garmin - Slipstream 3
Matthias Russ (Ger) Team Milram 2
Total retirements : 19

Ads
  #2  
Old May 23rd 09, 09:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,202
Default Giro d'Italia, stage 14 summary

In article ,
Bob Martin wrote:

Stage 14 - Saturday, May 23: Campi Bisenzio - Bologna (San Luca), 172km

First 10 finishers :

1 Simon Gerrans (Aus) Cervelo Test Team 4.16.48 (40.186 km/h)
2 Rubens Bertogliati (Swi) Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni-Androni Giocattoli 0.12
3 Francesco Gavazzi (Ita) Lampre - N.G.C. 0.18
4 Evgeny Petrov (Rus) Team Katusha 0.24
5 Philip Deignan (Irl) Cervelo Test Team 0.27
6 Christopher Froome (GBr) Barloworld 0.36
7 Vasili Kiryienka (Blr) Caisse d'Epargne 0.41
8 Francesco Reda (Ita) Quick Step 1.01
9 Andriy Grivko (Ukr) ISD 1.04
10 Franco Pellizotti (Ita) Liquigas


Funny how a strong break gets away and everybody but LPR waves arrivederci

--
Michael Press
  #3  
Old May 23rd 09, 09:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sandy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 564
Default Giro d'Italia, stage 14 summary

Dans le message de ,
Michael Press a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
In article ,
Bob Martin wrote:

Stage 14 - Saturday, May 23: Campi Bisenzio - Bologna (San Luca),
172km

First 10 finishers :

1 Simon Gerrans (Aus) Cervelo Test Team
4.16.48 (40.186 km/h) 2 Rubens Bertogliati (Swi) Serramenti PVC
Diquigiovanni-Androni Giocattoli 0.12 3 Francesco Gavazzi
(Ita) Lampre - N.G.C.
0.18 4 Evgeny Petrov (Rus) Team Katusha
0.24 5 Philip Deignan (Irl) Cervelo Test Team
0.27 6 Christopher Froome (GBr) Barloworld
0.36 7 Vasili Kiryienka (Blr) Caisse d'Epargne
0.41 8 Francesco Reda (Ita) Quick Step
1.01 9 Andriy Grivko (Ukr) ISD
1.04 10 Franco Pellizotti (Ita) Liquigas


Funny how a strong break gets away and everybody but LPR waves
arrivederci


Psssst! They weren't chasing the break. But don't tell anyone, OK?

--
Sandy
--
Il n'est aucune sorte de sensation qui soit plus vive
que celle de la douleur ; ses impressions sont sûres,
elles ne trompent point comme celles du plaisir.
- de Sade.


  #4  
Old May 24th 09, 12:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,018
Default Giro d'Italia, stage 14 summary

Sandy wrote:
Michael Press a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
Funny how a strong break gets away and everybody but LPR waves
arrivederci


Psssst! They weren't chasing the break. But don't tell anyone, OK?


Moronic frog,

Yes they were. Diluca wanted to win the stage to get the bonus seconds.
So LPR were chasing, but the others, most notably Rabobank, weren't
because they didn't want Diluca to take the bonus seconds.
  #5  
Old May 24th 09, 12:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 755
Default Giro d'Italia, stage 14 summary

On May 23, 4:18*pm, Susan Walker wrote:


Moronic frog,


snip



Dumbass -

Sweet! We have a border war! (although I guess you guys don't share a
border)

What's the equivalent chauvanistic French term for a Dutchman? And why
are Frenchman called "frogs"?

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
  #6  
Old May 24th 09, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sandy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 564
Default Giro d'Italia, stage 14 summary

Dans le message de
,
Kurgan. presented by Gringioni. a réfléchi, et puis
a déclaré :
On May 23, 4:18 pm, Susan Walker wrote:


Moronic frog,


snip



Dumbass -

Sweet! We have a border war! (although I guess you guys don't share a
border)

What's the equivalent chauvanistic French term for a Dutchman? And why
are Frenchman called "frogs"?

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.


"Betterave" as a play on batave, but the bête part is another hidden dig.
Dutch dudes think they have beer - Hah!! At least we know we don't have
any.

--
--
Sandy

--
Si les autres parties du monde ont des singes ; l'Europe a des Français.
Cela se compense.
[Arthur Schopenhauer]


  #7  
Old May 24th 09, 05:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,202
Default Giro d'Italia, stage 14 summary

In article ,
"Sandy" wrote:

Dans le message de ,
Michael Press a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
In article ,
Bob Martin wrote:

Stage 14 - Saturday, May 23: Campi Bisenzio - Bologna (San Luca),
172km

First 10 finishers :

1 Simon Gerrans (Aus) Cervelo Test Team
4.16.48 (40.186 km/h) 2 Rubens Bertogliati (Swi) Serramenti PVC
Diquigiovanni-Androni Giocattoli 0.12 3 Francesco Gavazzi
(Ita) Lampre - N.G.C.
0.18 4 Evgeny Petrov (Rus) Team Katusha
0.24 5 Philip Deignan (Irl) Cervelo Test Team
0.27 6 Christopher Froome (GBr) Barloworld
0.36 7 Vasili Kiryienka (Blr) Caisse d'Epargne
0.41 8 Francesco Reda (Ita) Quick Step
1.01 9 Andriy Grivko (Ukr) ISD
1.04 10 Franco Pellizotti (Ita) Liquigas


Funny how a strong break gets away and everybody but LPR waves
arrivederci


Psssst! They weren't chasing the break. But don't tell anyone, OK?


Who is "they"? LPR chased. Nobody else did.
The break succeeded in reaching the finish line first.
There were not a bunch of red faces in the peleton
at failing to run down the break.

Next: We will play Cui Bono,
the game for discerning conspiracy theorists everywhere.

--
Michael Press
  #8  
Old May 24th 09, 10:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,569
Default Giro d'Italia, stage 14 summary

Sandy wrote:
"Betterave" as a play on batave, but the bête part is another hidden dig.
Dutch dudes think they have beer - Hah!! At least we know we don't have
any.


But you do have a cuisine.
  #9  
Old May 24th 09, 03:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,142
Default Giro d'Italia, stage 14 summary

On May 24, 5:15*am, Donald Munro wrote:
Sandy wrote:
"Betterave" as a play on batave, but the bête part is another hidden dig.
Dutch dudes think they have beer - Hah!! *At least we know we don't have
any.


But you do have a cuisine.


That's not fair. The Dutch have a cuisine - Indonesian.

R
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Giro d'Italia, stage 14 summary Bob Martin Racing 1 May 26th 07 09:12 PM
Giro d'Italia, stage 13 summary Bob Martin Racing 0 May 25th 07 06:59 PM
Giro d'Italia, stage 12 summary Bob Martin Racing 1 May 25th 07 08:51 AM
Giro d'Italia, stage 11 summary Bob Martin Racing 0 May 23rd 07 08:43 PM
Giro-d'Italia stage 4 summary Bob Martin Racing 0 May 9th 06 05:49 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2022 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.