A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Recumbent Biking
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

I'm BACK!!!!!



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 15th 10, 01:19 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Harry Brogan[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12
Default I'm BACK!!!!!

Well...here I am yet again hoping for some decent and exciting
conversations....Hell...maybe even a few arguments as well!!!!
Ads
  #2  
Old October 15th 10, 01:49 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman 起豺_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,312
Default Trike suspension?, was I'm BACK!!!!!

On 10/14/2010 7:19 PM, Harry Brogan wrote:
Well...here I am yet again hoping for some decent and exciting
conversations....Hell...maybe even a few arguments as well!!!!


Mr. Ed Dolan fails to see the value in having rear suspension on a
tadpole trike, while I believe that rear suspension offers comfort and
control benefits that outweigh the additional mass, expense and maintenance.

I may be biased since I purchased the assets of dormant manufacturer of
rear suspended tadpole trikes.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
  #3  
Old October 15th 10, 10:40 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Harry Brogan[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12
Default Trike suspension?, was I'm BACK!!!!!

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 19:49:18 -0500, Tom Sherman 起
wrote:

On 10/14/2010 7:19 PM, Harry Brogan wrote:
Well...here I am yet again hoping for some decent and exciting
conversations....Hell...maybe even a few arguments as well!!!!


Mr. Ed Dolan fails to see the value in having rear suspension on a
tadpole trike, while I believe that rear suspension offers comfort and
control benefits that outweigh the additional mass, expense and maintenance.

I may be biased since I purchased the assets of dormant manufacturer of
rear suspended tadpole trikes.



Interesting, rear suspension on a tad. Well, I have never had the
chace to take one for a ride so I could not make an informed comment.

However, I am sure that there would be certain advantages as well as a
few pitfalls.
  #4  
Old October 15th 10, 12:51 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman 起豺_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,312
Default Trike suspension?, was I'm BACK!!!!!

On 10/15/2010 4:40 AM, Harry Brogan wrote:
On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 19:49:18 -0500, Tom Sherman 起
wrote:

On 10/14/2010 7:19 PM, Harry Brogan wrote:
Well...here I am yet again hoping for some decent and exciting
conversations....Hell...maybe even a few arguments as well!!!!


Mr. Ed Dolan fails to see the value in having rear suspension on a
tadpole trike, while I believe that rear suspension offers comfort and
control benefits that outweigh the additional mass, expense and maintenance.

I may be biased since I purchased the assets of dormant manufacturer of
rear suspended tadpole trikes.



Interesting, rear suspension on a tad. Well, I have never had the
chace to take one for a ride so I could not make an informed comment.

However, I am sure that there would be certain advantages as well as a
few pitfalls.


I suggest you avail yourself of the opportunity to test ride a tadpole
trike with rear suspension on rough pavement, and compare it to your
current trike. However, this may end up costing you several thousand
dollars, when you buy your new suspended trike.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
  #5  
Old October 15th 10, 09:36 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Harry Brogan[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12
Default Trike suspension?, was I'm BACK!!!!!

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 06:51:04 -0500, Tom Sherman 起
wrote:

On 10/15/2010 4:40 AM, Harry Brogan wrote:
On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 19:49:18 -0500, Tom Sherman 起
wrote:

On 10/14/2010 7:19 PM, Harry Brogan wrote:
Well...here I am yet again hoping for some decent and exciting
conversations....Hell...maybe even a few arguments as well!!!!

Mr. Ed Dolan fails to see the value in having rear suspension on a
tadpole trike, while I believe that rear suspension offers comfort and
control benefits that outweigh the additional mass, expense and maintenance.

I may be biased since I purchased the assets of dormant manufacturer of
rear suspended tadpole trikes.



Interesting, rear suspension on a tad. Well, I have never had the
chace to take one for a ride so I could not make an informed comment.

However, I am sure that there would be certain advantages as well as a
few pitfalls.


I suggest you avail yourself of the opportunity to test ride a tadpole
trike with rear suspension on rough pavement, and compare it to your
current trike. However, this may end up costing you several thousand
dollars, when you buy your new suspended trike.



Actually, I am in the market for another ride. Can you give some
brands that are currently offering the rear suspension????
  #6  
Old October 16th 10, 03:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
gotbent[_13_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Trike suspension?, was I'm BACK!!!!!


Actually, I am in the market for another ride. Can you give some
brands that are currently offering the rear suspension????

Trice (Inspired Cycle Engineering (ICE) ) and HP Velotechnik both offer rear
wheel suspended trikes and also fully $u$pended trikes. IIRC Challenge also
makes a trike with rear suspension. There're probably one or two more if you
search.

--
gotbent aka FRT rider


  #7  
Old October 16th 10, 10:53 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman 起豺_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,312
Default Trike suspension?, was I'm BACK!!!!!

On 10/15/2010 9:06 PM, gotbent aka FRT rider
wrote:

Actually, I am in the market for another ride. Can you give some
brands that are currently offering the rear suspension????

Trice (Inspired Cycle Engineering (ICE) ) and HP Velotechnik both offer rear
wheel suspended trikes and also fully $u$pended trikes. IIRC Challenge also
makes a trike with rear suspension. There're probably one or two more if you
search.

I have not ridden a fully suspended trike, but rear suspension provides
adequate comfort for almost all on-road conditions.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
  #8  
Old October 17th 10, 01:07 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Harry Brogan[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12
Default Trike suspension?, was I'm BACK!!!!!

On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 16:53:14 -0500, Tom Sherman 起
wrote:

On 10/15/2010 9:06 PM, gotbent aka FRT rider
wrote:

Actually, I am in the market for another ride. Can you give some
brands that are currently offering the rear suspension????

Trice (Inspired Cycle Engineering (ICE) ) and HP Velotechnik both offer rear
wheel suspended trikes and also fully $u$pended trikes. IIRC Challenge also
makes a trike with rear suspension. There're probably one or two more if you
search.

I have not ridden a fully suspended trike, but rear suspension provides
adequate comfort for almost all on-road conditions.



I have to wonder how well rear suspension would hold up with a rack,
saddlebags, and pulling a BoB trailer........Something to ponder.....
  #9  
Old October 17th 10, 06:19 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman 起豺_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,312
Default Trike suspension?, was I'm BACK!!!!!

On 10/16/2010 7:07 PM, Harry Brogan wrote:
On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 16:53:14 -0500, Tom Sherman 起
wrote:

On 10/15/2010 9:06 PM, gotbent aka FRT rider
wrote:

Actually, I am in the market for another ride. Can you give some
brands that are currently offering the rear suspension????

Trice (Inspired Cycle Engineering (ICE) ) and HP Velotechnik both offer rear
wheel suspended trikes and also fully $u$pended trikes. IIRC Challenge also
makes a trike with rear suspension. There're probably one or two more if you
search.

I have not ridden a fully suspended trike, but rear suspension provides
adequate comfort for almost all on-road conditions.



I have to wonder how well rear suspension would hold up with a rack,
saddlebags, and pulling a BoB trailer........Something to ponder.....


I would suggest using a two-wheel trailer with a suspended trike, as the
single wheel trailers will put higher torsional loads on the suspension
pivots.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
  #10  
Old October 17th 10, 06:55 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
gotbent[_13_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Trike suspension?, was I'm BACK!!!!!


"Harry Brogan" wrote in message
...
On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 16:53:14 -0500, Tom Sherman 起
wrote:

On 10/15/2010 9:06 PM, gotbent aka FRT rider
wrote:

Actually, I am in the market for another ride. Can you give some
brands that are currently offering the rear suspension????

Trice (Inspired Cycle Engineering (ICE) ) and HP Velotechnik both offer
rear
wheel suspended trikes and also fully $u$pended trikes. IIRC Challenge
also
makes a trike with rear suspension. There're probably one or two more if
you
search.

I have not ridden a fully suspended trike, but rear suspension provides
adequate comfort for almost all on-road conditions.



I have to wonder how well rear suspension would hold up with a rack,
saddlebags, and pulling a BoB trailer........Something to ponder.....

Racks on my fully suspended semi-low racer and on the trice are mounted to
the frame and do not interfere with the rear suspension movement and do not
add to the unsprung weight. The manual for the semi-low (HPVelotechnik) two
wheeler forbids the use a trailer.

--
gotbent aka FRT rider


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
coming back from downtime - sore left back side - cause? Paul General 1 May 18th 07 06:45 PM
back again ray Australia 1 January 18th 06 09:33 PM
Little Boy Marty Wallace worte: Meter Maid Cop she is the Barney Five of the dept. Sergeant Tiffany Delatorre Email [email protected] conext tiem The report I got back little marty boy did not get ancord police report back THE cop THAT W Valley Biker Australia 0 September 24th 05 12:23 AM
Back to Back Epic Uni Rides aspenmike Unicycling 11 August 17th 05 05:23 AM
I'm Back!(Again...) Catboy Unicycling 2 June 16th 04 07:05 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.