Off to Flagstaff

Old September 28th 06, 09:03 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Chris Glidden

Default Off to Flagstaff

I'm off to Flag early tomorrow AM for three days of singletrack goodness.
The weather is looking good, a bit chillier than So. Cal. but sunny and
clear for the most part. I'm a bit concerned about the altitude, not having
ridden at over 5,000 feet in a few years, but we'll just suck it up and ride
as fast as our lungs will allow. Pics and video to follow in the next few
days.

CG

Old September 28th 06, 09:27 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Chris Glidden wrote:
I'm off to Flag early tomorrow AM for three days of singletrack goodness.
The weather is looking good, a bit chillier than So. Cal. but sunny and
clear for the most part. I'm a bit concerned about the altitude, not having
ridden at over 5,000 feet in a few years, but we'll just suck it up and ride
as fast as our lungs will allow. Pics and video to follow in the next few
days.

CG

Have fun! 5,000' is nothing to worry about. LOL!

Video? Excellent!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old September 28th 06, 09:49 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Chris Glidden

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote
Have fun! 5,000' is nothing to worry about. LOL!

Video? Excellent!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

The elevation in Flag actually gets to 8,000+ feet so I know I'll be sucking
some major wind. Fun will be had nontheless.

Yeah, I borrowed a halmet cam off a bud who could not make the trip, we'll
see how well it turns out. It will be fun seeing the footage.

Thanks Mitch,

CG

Old September 28th 06, 09:50 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Chris Glidden

"Chris Glidden" wrote in message
I'm off to Flag early tomorrow AM for three days of singletrack goodness.
The weather is looking good, a bit chillier than So. Cal. but sunny and
clear for the most part. I'm a bit concerned about the altitude, not
having ridden at over 5,000 feet in a few years, but we'll just suck it up
and ride as fast as our lungs will allow. Pics and video to follow in the
next few days.

CG

By the by, if any AM-Brs will be in the area, drop me a line. Would love to
hook up.

CG

Old September 29th 06, 05:33 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

Chris Glidden wrote:
I'm off to Flag early tomorrow AM for three days of singletrack goodness.
The weather is looking good, a bit chillier than So. Cal. but sunny and
clear for the most part. I'm a bit concerned about the altitude, not having
ridden at over 5,000 feet in a few years, but we'll just suck it up and ride
as fast as our lungs will allow. Pics and video to follow in the next few
days.

CG

Fantastic, and may you have cool sunny days, and ride your a$$ off to
your heart's content!

If you're in otherwise good shape, you should acclimate fairly well to
elevation after the first 40 minutes of riding.

CDB