Better pedals?

Old October 6th 12, 12:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Default Better pedals?

AHHH INTERNATIONAL REPARTEE....Bien. Off course its the French but maybe the Germans...capital investment somewhat dilute on the Netherlands..

The Dutch recently had their coffee houses examined in the press...otherwise I'd not been conscious of this...from a referedum on somehting drug related...seems one may stop oin at the coffe house after work...pedaling a pump or standing around with a finger in the dike...and have a cup and some black Afghani hashish.

Shall we comapre thee to a day in Madison WI ? Nada., I'm told that theese affairs take place 10-20- miles out ....
Old October 6th 12, 12:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

we see a lotta more than WILD UNRESONABLE claims on mileages..I doahno why....my reality tends more is this true or false or is this truer or mfalser and why or not why.

If you wanna lie thru your teeth abt your pedals then we'll ignore it without downgrading your report to gruntings from a monkey.

an interesting deal with the ten speed rat traps...the better ones could fail but were designed to continue bringing you home following failure.

a polar from the carbon fiber group.
Old October 6th 12, 03:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Wes Groleau

On 10-05-2012 19:51, datakoll wrote:
If you wanna lie thru your teeth abt your pedals

If this means you think I'm lying, you're entitled to your opinion.

--
Wes Groleau

There ain't no right wing,
there ain't no left wing.
There's only you and me and we just disagree.
(apologies to Jim Krueger)

Old October 6th 12, 04:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Friday, October 5, 2012 10:52:44 PM UTC-4, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 10-05-2012 19:51, datakoll wrote:

If you wanna lie thru your teeth abt your pedals

If this means you think I'm lying, you're entitled to your opinion.

--

Wes Groleau

There ain't no right wing,

there ain't no left wing.

There's only you and me and we just disagree.

(apologies to Jim Krueger)

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

no Les, not at all...its only RBT humor. We have noooooo idea why you wrote the pedals did X or Y.

We read of chains running 10,000 miles....tires ditto....an Emeritus continues claiming eternal spoke life....

with foundation for example..."my chains last 7000 miles because I use brake fluid chain lube." This is possible but unlikely in nirmalexperience.

posters land here with the explicit purpose of telling us their chain ran 10000 miles using mineral oil. Maybe it did. maybe their crazy, goofing on us or using an incommunicable language form.

Once in a while a professional level writer contributes goofing on us....AAA !

If you write your chain lasts 30 years then its off our charts...

But if you write the chain on your bicycle is 30 years old then we understand.

You do see we responded outside that statement ?

Accept my apologies for relating your language skills to those of a monkey.
Old October 6th 12, 04:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

My chains are serviced including useing holy water, sacrificing chickens, and thanking the chain and their ancestors before every ride. Never go beyond 2500 miles. Maybe 3. Then there are bad days....

? How do I react to claims of 10000 miles ? We look and ask for reasons why the chain ran that far....SOMEONE HAS FOUND THE ANSWER !

Not yet and deafinitley not at $50 an Oz.

and no, molydedenum doesn't cut it either
Old October 6th 12, 05:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Oct 5, 11:39*pm, datakoll wrote:
..maybe their crazy, goofing on us or using an incommunicable language form.

Gosh, who among us would ever use an incommunicable language
form? ;-)

(Actually, when something baffles me, I tend to assume it's meant to
be art. That applies to certain incommunicable language forms. Maybe
I'm incorrect, but my assumption does make me feel better.)

- Frank Krygowski
Old October 6th 12, 01:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_7_]

Op 6-10-2012 1:31, datakoll schreef:
AHHH INTERNATIONAL REPARTEE....Bien. Off course its the French but maybe the Germans...capital investment somewhat dilute on the Netherlands..

The Dutch recently had their coffee houses examined in the press...otherwise I'd not been conscious of this...from a referedum on somehting drug related...seems one may stop oin at the coffe house after work...pedaling a pump or standing around with a finger in the dike...and have a cup and some black Afghani hashish.

Yes we could do that but we don't accept for small group of losers which
couldn't be helped anyway. We accept those losers and accomodate them
that way. It is the foreigners that cause trouble sometimes because they
can't handle this kind of 'freedom'. It is like the Scandinavians who
are always drunk when they go abroad because of their own ridiculous
alcohol policy.

Shall we comapre thee to a day in Madison WI ? Nada., I'm told that theese affairs take place 10-20- miles out ....

How hard is it to get a joint in the US?

Lou

Old October 6th 12, 03:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

On Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:01:51 PM UTC-6, Wes Groleau wrote:
Anyone recommend pedals with a fifteen year warranty?

My left bearing is locked up and it's less than two years old.

The one it replaced was thirty years old.

Needs to be able to do fifty or more miles per week year-round,

any kind of weather.

--

Wes Groleau

Expert, n.:

Someone who comes from out of town and shows slides.

for commuting, use an open bmx pedal with the teeth. It will keep your feet stable, and if they can handle andy mcaskill, they'll handle everything:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o

danny macaskill bike
Old October 6th 12, 04:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/6/2012 7:55 AM, Lou Holtman wrote:
[...]

Not any harder than finding a good cup of espresso. I think
there are fewer espresso drinkers than potheads, at least in
my neighborhood. The whole block smells of it in the evenings.

p.s. the congnoscenti use small pipes, not the rolled joints
as we remember from The Olden Days before the industry
discovered hybridization and modern productivity techniques.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 6th 12, 07:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Oct 6, 8:53*am, Lou Holtman wrote:
It is the foreigners that cause trouble sometimes because they
can't handle this kind of 'freedom'. It is like the Scandinavians who
are always drunk when they go abroad because of their own ridiculous
alcohol policy.

We were in Krakow about five years ago, not long after super-cheap
flights began bringing in British guys on drinking binges. My wife
and I were on Bikes Friday with their suitcase trailers, pedaling
toward our B&B through the main Market Square (Rynek Glowny). Some
drunk 20-something Brit ran alongside us and plopped his butt onto the
top of my trailer, for the amusement of his crowd of drunken Brit
friends.

The young Polish guy leading us to the B&B said "The British drunks
have just started arriving here, and already everyone hates them."

On the plus (& tech) side, the Friday's trailer perfectly resisted the
impact of his butt and the weight of his body.

- Frank Krygowski