Open letter to Floyd

Old July 17th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Open letter to Floyd

http://procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=2302

His comments make me mad.

OK Floyd. I hate to say it, and I've never been nearly at the same
level as you in terms of racing ability or fitness, but there are key
issues here that are entirely scalable, so I feel qualified to speak.
In bike racing, it is very seldom that a man wins a race simply because
he was the fittest man in the peloton. Your attitude sucks right now,
and I can guarantee you that there are at least 6 other guys behind you
that most certainly DO feel that they have the ability to win the race.
And they WILL try to win it. Floyd, you are an example of perhaps one
of the "fittest" athletes on the road right now. Your fitness has put
you in yellow, and it has kept you in 2nd position for two other days.
But your fitness will not win you the race.

I'm a rider who spent most of his (prime-time) racing career taking
top-ten placings (but only winning once): In retrospect, I have to
agree that it was indeed my attitude that prevented me from winning
more races. I relied on my great training, natural ability and good
fitness to get me to good placings. But I rarely took chances. I
almost never willingly brought pain upon myself. I never tested my true
limits. Top-ten riders are the result of natural ability, great
training and an ability to hang. Winners are willing to put the pain
upon themselves.

So Floyd, here you are. You have all of the ability to win this thing.
Perhaps not by a massive EPO-fueled margin, but you can win it. You
simply have to want to win it at this point. You have to TAKE the win,
and you are unlikely to get this by just doing a good TT ride. Lance's
"hang with em in the mountains and CRUSH them in the TT is not
something you can rely on. But you have the fitness level and the
ability to put time on people on the cols.

Lemond's supreme fitness in his first tour gave him third place. But
each year after that, he rode strictly to win. He fully believed in his
own ability.

Stop being the humble Mennonite and do what you came here to do. No one
will fault you for grabbing what you want. If you don't, someone else
will. What the **** do you have to lose? 2nd place versus 5th place?
Think about what you have to win.

Old July 18th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=2302

His comments make me mad.

OK Floyd. I hate to say it, and I've never been nearly at the same
level as you in terms of racing ability or fitness, but there are key
issues here that are entirely scalable, so I feel qualified to speak.

Something appealing something revealing something for EVERYONE a comedy
tonight!

Old July 18th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
F.Landis

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

OK, I am trying to rest today but your comments irked me to no end.

If you can do better than I , then do it.

See you in Paris, at least you can watch it from your armchair.

Floyd

Old July 18th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frank Drackman

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=2302

His comments make me mad.

OK Floyd. I hate to say it, and I've never been nearly at the same
level as you in terms of racing ability or fitness, but there are key
issues here that are entirely scalable, so I feel qualified to speak.
In bike racing, it is very seldom that a man wins a race simply because
he was the fittest man in the peloton. Your attitude sucks right now,
and I can guarantee you that there are at least 6 other guys behind you
that most certainly DO feel that they have the ability to win the race.
And they WILL try to win it. Floyd, you are an example of perhaps one
of the "fittest" athletes on the road right now. Your fitness has put
you in yellow, and it has kept you in 2nd position for two other days.
But your fitness will not win you the race.

The world is a crazy, crazy place.

While you are at it can you write a letter to solve the Mideast conflicts,
hunger in Africa, and cure AIDS?

Old July 18th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
routebear

"F.Landis" h90943@hotmaildotcom wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Shouldn't you be sleeping Floydy-boy? You've got a big day tomorrow. Doh!

Old July 18th 06, 05:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article ,
Geraard Spergen wrote:

wrote:

Stop being the humble Mennonite and do what you came here to do. No one
will fault you for grabbing what you want. If you don't, someone else
will. What the **** do you have to lose? 2nd place versus 5th place?
Think about what you have to win.

It appears you're telling him to be more like McEwen - who has at least
20 posts telling him he's an asshole for going after what he wants.

We are infuriated by McEwen because he bleats about being
jobbed out of his rightful victories, rubbing our faces in
his monumental gifts, training, abilities, and
accomplishments. We want graciousness. Well, eff _him_. He
rightfully takes bows for a victory, but whines about his
losses. When he loses he blames someone else. Not being
content with second place is not the same as accepting
defeat.

Armstrong is roundly despised, but when he read the riot
act it was in private where it did good.

"Our sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all
persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse
themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations,
or to their lawful business, upon the pains contained in
the act made in the first year of King George, for
preventing tumults and riotous assemblies.
God save the King."

--
Michael Press
Old July 18th 06, 11:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

need more sun wrote:
I don't know what axes you have to grind

X, Y or Z.

Old July 18th 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
trg

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com a écrit dans le message de news:
t...
| wrote in message
| oups.com...
| http://procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=2302
|
| His comments make me mad.
|
| OK Floyd. I hate to say it, and I've never been nearly at the same
| level as you in terms of racing ability or fitness, but there are key
| issues here that are entirely scalable, so I feel qualified to speak.
|
| Something appealing something revealing something for EVERYONE a comedy
| tonight!

"Something Funny Happened On The Way To Paris"

Old July 18th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"k.papai" wrote in message
oups.com...
Let me guess -- you are top ten in Cat 5 or Cat 4 or Cat 3 races? WOW!

I would be shocked to learn that he was HALF that good.

HOW DARE you assume you know what Floyd is thinking and feeling.

How ridiculous. No wonder you hide your identity.

-Ken