Happi Monday: The First REAL Troll I've Seen on URC

Old June 29th 09, 12:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

Default Happi Monday: The First REAL Troll I've Seen on URC

Although, to use his favourite term, Happi Monday is quite clearly a
"P R I C K", I'm glad he's come along at this opportune moment, as he
(it's almost certainly a he) is an excellent example of a genuine
troll, and perhaps, just perhaps, this will educate some people and
make them realise that Judith, Nully, I etc are *not* trolls at all.

Happi Monday randomly calls people obscenities without ever explaining
why he's doing so, never even tries to make any real points
whatsoever, appears to have no vague interest in transport-related
matters whatsoever, and is basically here purely to **** people off
with utterly predictable, utterly repetitive, totally worthless crap.
There is simply no merit at all to what he posts. It's not that he
has controversial opinions, he simply has no real opinions, he's just
like a child who's discovered the word "prick" and has taken to
amusing himself by using it to the grown-ups and shocking them. Now
*that* is trolling.

Judith, Nully, I, and others are not the same as Happi Monday. We all
*do* have opinions on transport-related matters; they may not be
opinions that others like to read, but they are valid, genuinely held
opinions all the same (in fact they're often demonstrably correct).
There is undeniably merit to what all of us post; no-one can seriously
deny that all of us have made good points at one time or another, and
many (even our opponents, e.g. Danny Colyer) have admitted that.

Some (most) of us may get pretty fed up with the likes of Chapman, and
may utter obscenities in his direction, but those obscenities are
usually for a particular reason which is explained, and have some
meaning and accuracy behind them. And Chapman certainly gives as good
as he gets when it comes to that kind of thing. At the end of the
day, we're not here to troll, we're here because we wish to discuss
transport-related issues and correct what we see as misconceptions.

The difference between Happi Monday, as a genuine troll, and the rest
of us, who are not, should be obvious to anyone. The sooner that
certain people accept that, and stop dismissing us as "trolls" simply
because we dare to come on here and speak awkward truths, the better,
for everyone.
Old June 29th 09, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Happi Monday

Ooohhh, and I thought you had "plonked" me. Guess you just love
troll-reading, or do I offer you that something extra?

Rock-on, rocks-off :-)