Pavement cyclist maims woman, grins and rides away.

Old April 23rd 15, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Pavement cyclist maims woman, grins and rides away.

A passer-by stopped to help while her husband Patric Baird dialled 999
before keeping watch as the cyclist went to lock up his racing bike,
near Sainsbury’s in Tower Bridge Road.

Instead of waiting for emergency services to arrive, the man aged around
30, shaven-headed and 6ft tall, leapt back onto the saddle and sped down
an alley into Bermondsey Square.

He paused to turn his head and smile before pedalling away through a
graveyard of St Mary Magdelen Church.

Ms McVeigh was taken into the lobby of a neighbouring apartment block
and given first aid before being rushed to St Thomas’ Hospital where she
was treated for a potential neck fracture and deep cuts to her forehead.

She suffered deep cuts to her head, a broken nose and dislocated finger

She has been told by doctors that the scars are unlikely to ever heal.

She also suffered a broken nose, dislocated finger and head trauma and
has been unable to return to work following the crash at 6pm last Tuesday.

Ms McVeigh has now turned to Twitter to catch the cyclist, saying Met
police initially informed her there were “no leads”. The force has since
promised to “double-check” its original investigation.

Ms McVeigh told the Standard: “The cyclist was on the pavement and
ploughed into me, from the left. No warning, sudden impact. A very,
violent collision.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-10197227.html
Old April 23rd 15, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

I hope the CCTV helps.
Did anyone take a photo of him as he was 'walking back' with his bicycle?
This is really bad.
Old April 23rd 15, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 23/04/2015 09:44, Peter Keller wrote:
I hope the CCTV helps.
Did anyone take a photo of him as he was 'walking back' with his bicycle?
This is really bad.

Reregistration plates would have identified him.

Old April 23rd 15, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Peter Keller" wrote in message ...

I hope the CCTV helps.
Did anyone take a photo of him as he was 'walking back' with his bicycle?
This is really bad.

Did anyone get his number plate? Oh, sorry, I forgot..........
Old April 23rd 15, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
colwyn[_2_]

On 23/04/2015 11:59, Tarcap wrote:

"Peter Keller" wrote in message ...
I hope the CCTV helps.
Did anyone take a photo of him as he was 'walking back' with his bicycle?
This is really bad.

Did anyone get his number plate? Oh, sorry, I forgot..........

Car cloning is the vehicle equivalent of identity theft. It is estimated
that there are as many as 10,000 cloned cars on our roads, but many
people are still unaware of the problem, and even the police admit they
don't know the true scale of it.

I wonder if cyclists would use such subterfuge?
Old April 23rd 15, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"colwyn" wrote in message ...

On 23/04/2015 11:59, Tarcap wrote:

"Peter Keller" wrote in message ...
I hope the CCTV helps.
Did anyone take a photo of him as he was 'walking back' with his bicycle?
This is really bad.

Did anyone get his number plate? Oh, sorry, I forgot..........

Car cloning is the vehicle equivalent of identity theft. It is estimated
that there are as many as 10,000 cloned cars on our roads, but many
people are still unaware of the problem, and even the police admit they
don't know the true scale of it.

I wonder if cyclists would use such subterfuge?

Well, as they don't have to, they merely just scarper leaving their victims
bleeding on the floor.
Smiling, too. He was probably proud of what he had just done.

Old April 23rd 15, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 23/04/2015 15:03, colwyn wrote:
On 23/04/2015 11:59, Tarcap wrote:

"Peter Keller" wrote in message ...
I hope the CCTV helps.
Did anyone take a photo of him as he was 'walking back' with his bicycle?
This is really bad.

Did anyone get his number plate? Oh, sorry, I forgot..........

Car cloning is the vehicle equivalent of identity theft. It is estimated
that there are as many as 10,000 cloned cars on our roads, but many
people are still unaware of the problem, and even the police admit they
don't know the true scale of it.

I wonder if cyclists would use such subterfuge?

I would guarantee that some would, it would be startling if some did
not, but it would help with the apprehension of at least some offenders,
and hopefully the knowledge that the cyclist is traceable would improve
the cyclist's road behaviour and usage. Imagine how bad the roads would
be if the vast majority of motor vehicles were as untraceable as
bicycles are at present.
Old April 23rd 15, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ronnie[_2_]

On 23/04/2015 15:44, Mrcheerful wrote:
[...]

"145 hit-and-run deaths prompt calls for action against illegal drivers"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...l-drivers.html
Old April 23rd 15, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 23/04/2015 16:38, Ronnie wrote:

[...]

It's about time it was made illegal to drive illegally. And about time
there was some means of identifying motor vehicles whose drivers are
acting illegally, illegally.
Old April 23rd 15, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ronnie[_2_]

On 23/04/2015 16:52, JNugent wrote:
[...]

Totally agree, but until then, 99% of cyclists are riding *legally* on
the roads. If any aren't using lights at night, they should be punished
the same as any other road user in a vehicle.
Too often vehicles are let off for faulty or no lights....and I mean
motor vehicles as well as cyclists.
Not enough coppers to catch them is the main problem, IMO.

Ronnie