Unlit cyclist attacks motorist with bicycle

Old April 24th 15, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default TMS 320 finally admits that cyclists are sponging freeloader!

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 17:14:49 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

But alas people don't want to

Thank God I am not people.
There is no alas and I find a bicycle is a very delightful economical
convenient viable form of transport for many things.
Old April 24th 15, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default TMS 320 finally admits that cyclists are sponging freeloaders!

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 16:33:53 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

Steady on - I rather thought he was being too generous, not insulting.

People naturally make comparisons to other people. And these comparisons
can often make us feel worse about ourselves or better about ourselves. As
we generally prefer to feel good, we are prone to making downward
comparisons, or comparisons that enable us to look down on other people.
Old April 24th 15, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 12:05:02 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

****wit's

And thank you very much kind sir for your very great compliment coming
from you.
Now please ejaculate to me the further accolade from you of being grimy,
squalid, nasty and profane. Just for you.

Old April 24th 15, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

Why do people insist on describing themselves as ****wits?
People naturally make comparisons to other people. And these comparisons
can often make us feel worse about ourselves or better about ourselves.
As we generally prefer to feel worse, we are prone to making upwards
comparisons, or comparisons that enable us to look up to other people.
Old April 24th 15, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 24/04/2015 11:28, TMS320 wrote:
"JNugent" wrote in
On 23/04/2015 16:15, TMS320 wrote:
"JNugent" wrote:
On 22/04/2015 19:48, TMS320 wrote:

What is this magic spending which removes a car from in front of you
wherever you go?

It doesn't necessarily need "spending". Taxes (ie, none to use a bicycle,
high to use a car) might be one of the incentives for some to move from
one to the other.

Are people really that cheap and mean, that they will swap from an
adequate means of transport to one that cannot handle (to say the least)
the full range of transport duties?

Don't be so utterly dense. It's not all or nothing.

What is it, then?

And how do you accurately judge and calculate the effect.

Be precise.

And how do you judge the effect confidently enough to assert that people
have been that miserly, enough to reduce the number of vehicles in front
of yours?

You obviously didn't notice that I said "might be one of the incentives"
above; this was deliberate. I don't really care what motives individuals
have. It only matters that there are people with sense enough to realise
that there are perfectly adequate alternatives to a car for some journeys.

Oh... so there's no certainty about any of this. You now admit that the
oppressive taxes on vehicle use only "might" remove the odd vehicle from
the road, though you still seem fairly certain that the vehicle removed
would have been in front of yours.

As for your "miserly", you're really plumbing the depths. You do realise
it is no longer a stigma to buy some things from Lidl instead of
Waitrose?

You're the one positing the nonsense. And you had - though you obviously
don't like to see it put in those terms - asserted that taxes would
remove cars from the road. It was therefore *you* who was accusing
people of being miserly. I was expressing severe doubt about your
judgment of that. FWIW, I don't believe your claim.

HTH.
Old April 24th 15, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

"The Medway Handyman" wrote
"JNugent" wrote in message
On 22/04/2015 19:48, TMS320 wrote:

What is this magic spending which removes a car from in front of you
wherever you go?

It doesn't necessarily need "spending". Taxes (ie, none to use a bicycle,
high to use a car) might be one of the incentives for some to move from
one to the other.

But alas people don't want to.

"the art of taxation consists in so plucking the goose as to obtain the
largest possible amount of feathers with the smallest possible amount of
hissing."

The sound of rumbling engines still drowns out any hissing.

But some people want to use a bicycle.

Thankfully an insignificant minority. Less than 2% of journey are made
by push bike.

Old April 24th 15, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ronnie[_2_]

But alas people don't want to.

"the art of taxation consists in so plucking the goose as to obtain the
largest possible amount of feathers with the smallest possible amount of
hissing."

The sound of rumbling engines still drowns out any hissing.

But some people want to use a bicycle.

Thankfully an insignificant minority. Less than 2% of journey are made
by push bike.

That means there are 2% less cars on the road, which can only be a good
thing in more ways than one, but you never even consider the positives.
You're so obsessed with angry vitriolic attacks about cyclists.

Old April 24th 15, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 24/04/2015 20:27, Ronnie wrote:

But alas people don't want to.

"the art of taxation consists in so plucking the goose as to obtain the
largest possible amount of feathers with the smallest possible amount of
hissing."
The sound of rumbling engines still drowns out any hissing.
But some people want to use a bicycle.

Thankfully an insignificant minority. Less than 2% of journey are made
by push bike.

That means there are 2% less cars on the road,

It doesn't mean that at all.

The easiest way to deal with this is for me to assert that if cyclists
somehow weren't allowed or were unable to cycle, some of them simply
wouldn't do the journeys and the rest would go on the bus or would walk.

Now prove me wrong.
Old April 24th 15, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 24/04/2015 20:27, Ronnie wrote:

But alas people don't want to.

"the art of taxation consists in so plucking the goose as to obtain the
largest possible amount of feathers with the smallest possible amount of
hissing."

The sound of rumbling engines still drowns out any hissing.

But some people want to use a bicycle.

Thankfully an insignificant minority. Less than 2% of journey are made
by push bike.

That means there are 2% less cars on the road,

Alas not. The morons who make these journeys are either too poor to own
a car or weirdo's who would probably adopt space hoppers or other
child's toys.

which can only be a good
thing in more ways than one, but you never even consider the positives.

There are no positives to cycling whatsoever.

You're so obsessed with angry vitriolic attacks about cyclists.

Not at all. I adopt a rational approach.

Old April 25th 15, 06:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ronnie[_2_]

[...]

There is nothing rational about your comments.