Cycling makes you fit ?

Old June 26th 15, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Cycling makes you fit ?

http://www.s****horpetelegraph.co.uk...ail/story.html
Old June 26th 15, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
RJH[_2_]

On 26/06/2015 08:18, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://www.s****horpetelegraph.co.uk...ail/story.html

Amazing - and he went on to cycle 90+ miles *after* a heart attack!

--
Cheers, Rob
Old June 26th 15, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ronnie[_2_]

On 26/06/2015 08:18, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://www.s****horpetelegraph.co.uk...ail/story.html

Nearly every year some marathon runners have heart attacks, a few
footballers die on the pitch every year.
What is your point?
Old June 26th 15, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

"Ronnie" wrote in message
On 26/06/2015 08:18, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://www.s****horpetelegraph.co.uk...ail/story.html

Nearly every year some marathon runners have heart attacks, a few
footballers die on the pitch every year.
What is your point?

His family has a history of heart problems so this dick decides to do a 133
mile cycle race without being checked out.
Darwin ............

Old June 26th 15, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 26/06/2015 08:45, RJH wrote:
On 26/06/2015 08:18, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://www.s****horpetelegraph.co.uk...ail/story.html

Amazing - and he went on to cycle 90+ miles *after* a heart attack!

The drugs kept him going?
Old June 26th 15, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 26/06/2015 09:25, Ronnie wrote:
On 26/06/2015 08:18, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://www.s****horpetelegraph.co.uk...ail/story.html

Nearly every year some marathon runners have heart attacks, a few
footballers die on the pitch every year.
What is your point?

We are constantly told that cycling is the only form of exercise and
that regular cyclists are very fit. Evidently that does not include the
heart, hardly surprising when you look at the riding position: hunched
shoulders, bent forward, shest compressed. All a very unnatural
position for a moving human.
Old June 26th 15, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 10:38:20 +0100, Mrcheerful wrote:

We are constantly told that cycling is the only form of exercise

No we are not. At least I am not.
Old June 26th 15, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ronnie[_2_]

On 26/06/2015 10:38, Mrcheerful wrote:
On 26/06/2015 09:25, Ronnie wrote:
On 26/06/2015 08:18, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://www.s****horpetelegraph.co.uk...ail/story.html

Nearly every year some marathon runners have heart attacks, a few
footballers die on the pitch every year.
What is your point?

We are constantly told that cycling is the only form of exercise and
that regular cyclists are very fit. Evidently that does not include the
heart, hardly surprising when you look at the riding position: hunched
shoulders, bent forward, shest compressed. All a very unnatural
position for a moving human.

Er, that's only cyclists on racing bikes. I use a mountain bike with
full suspension, a much more natural position. I would never have a
racing bike, most uncomfortable to me.
Old June 26th 15, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On 26/06/2015 09:38, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

His family has a history of heart problems so this dick decides to do a 133
mile cycle race without being checked out.
Darwin ............

I'm curious how does one get checked out? Do I go to my GP. I've always
found them very reluctant to just check people out.
Old June 26th 15, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

"Nick" wrote in message
On 26/06/2015 09:38, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

His family has a history of heart problems so this dick decides to do a
133
mile cycle race without being checked out.

I'm curious how does one get checked out? Do I go to my GP. I've always
found them very reluctant to just check people out.

The wife's family have a history of heart problems. They have all been
examined, dunno where though.
I should not have used the words "checked out" - yank term.