Trek 730 and Trek 520 frame

Old August 26th 04, 02:30 AM
artweary

Default Trek 730 and Trek 520 frame

I was told that the trek 730 frame is the same that is used in the
trek 520. I doubt that this is true, but have been unable to find the
answer. Are these frames the same?
Old August 26th 04, 05:43 AM
Mike Jacoubowsky

I was told that the trek 730 frame is the same that is used in the
trek 520. I doubt that this is true, but have been unable to find the
answer. Are these frames the same?

There was a brief period of time, back in the way-back days, that I believe
the 520 and 750 (not 730) shared frames. But that was then, this is now,
and there hasn't been a 730 model (or 750) for quite some time.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old August 27th 04, 12:53 AM
artweary

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message . com...
I was told that the trek 730 frame is the same that is used in the
trek 520. I doubt that this is true, but have been unable to find the
answer. Are these frames the same?

There was a brief period of time, back in the way-back days, that I believe
the 520 and 750 (not 730) shared frames. But that was then, this is now,
and there hasn't been a 730 model (or 750) for quite some time.

I must have one of those way back whens....my 730 is about 8 years old
and I happen to be considering either a touring or road bike, or new
components for the 730. Hence, the frame question
Old August 27th 04, 03:26 AM
Libuser

I am just curious.

In the current Trek line-up, what would be the model closest to the 730?
The 7300? Probably not, as the 7300 is far cheaper than the 520.
Old August 28th 04, 10:46 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles

In the current Trek line-up, what would be the model closest to the 730?
The 7300? Probably not, as the 7300 is far cheaper than the 520.

The closest would be the 7300FX, which is a lighter aluminum frame and no
suspension. Very popular bike, and sells for about $400. The 7500FX would
be a bit nicer, and runs about $600.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com